Page 310 of 310 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310
Results 4,636 to 4,645 of 4645

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Gringo Greg Sighted

Didn’t want to leave Greg stranded in Mexico. They went into Mexico as a small group. When they crossed back in to Texas they split up. Greg was in a group that was headed to New Orleans and Mardis Gras. After the party on Bourbon Street they were on to Daytona Bike Week. First stop Bulowville, to hang with the BMW motorcycle center of Bike Week. Daytona, Mardis Gras for Bikers. Got a report that after Bike Week, he was headed to a mini rally in Knights Key, then on to Key West. Time to watch the Sunset.

The Naturally Beemers of Ar. were having spring meeting; gotta hold of Greg and invited him to attend. Didn’t see Greg. Oh well, after the meeting, was fixxen to mount up and head home. Barry. I looked back behind me and it was Greg. Hand shakes, and the usual comraderie. I barely recognized him and I don’t have a pic. He kinda looked like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he left the island. He looked more critter than human. Barry, where’s the next rally, ride, run, gotta get ready to meet the guys, their headed to the West Coast. Earth to Greg, come in. Get away from the cliff, let’s get U some help. Just teasin’. We rode back a ways, stopped for coffee, and he filled in on the adventure. Wow, trip of a lifetime. Maybe time for a beard trim, shave, and rejoin the human race, dude. Ps Hope U enjoyed the story, pretty much true. This all came from running across a 1988 Parabellum brouchure. I need to get out more.

The sun’s out, the temps slowly rising, going out for lunch; about time.

The Big Thaw

A94147E7-CEF2-4C16-B12F-2699C5E28E5F.jpeg
    356AA0D0-D8C2-497B-B172-46B81B541DBE.jpeg
    After 8 inches of ice and snow and artic type cold weather, the warm up.

High temp today, 66 degrees; a week ago, 0. The sunshine looks good. I’m ready for the time change and more daylight. I think we gain about a minute a day on daylight hours. When I was a kid in Wichita, Kansas, the earth was flat, time was always the same, sonic booms were the norm, tv was black and white. When I got up and turned the tv on, it had the Indian head on the screen and I waited for the first cartoons to come on at 6:00. The big hand on 12 and the little hand on 6.

When I started riding, it was all about street riding, that was in the early to mid eighties. The guy that got me started riding grew up on trail/offroad bikes. It seemed like every where we rode, sooner or later when the pavement ended we were riding gravel roads; when that ended; we were riding paths and trails to see what was down/up there. Dude; why are we doing this. U just said why; to see what's there.

Second Saturday Ride-2-Eat for all Beemer-Buddies

Announcing the first north Alabama "Second Saturday Ride-2-Eat" of 2021 on 13 March @11:15. We've chosen the previously approved, Bama-Bucks Restaurant & Wild Game Park, 292 Bryant Road, SE of downtown Boaz. Garmin says: ( N34° 09.999' W86° 07.061' )

Hoping the weather will be cooperative, and that some of you discomfited Beemer jockeys, tired of sheltering in-place, will fire up your deluxe machines and head out for a stupendous luncheon with your Bama mates! Weather in 2 weeks is expected to be "pretty typical for AL," partly cloudy with temps in the 50s in the AM & mid-60s by PM (33% chance of rain - Not Bad!). Jennifer encourages a "Large Group" would more easily be seated Earlier rather that Later when they tend to get very busy on Saturdays!

https://www.bama-bucks.com

Items to savor include: various salads, a simple Angus burger $11, French Dip $12, Bite a Hog in the Butt $12, and many more seafood and exotic wild game Plates. -- Just don't forget your Diner's Club, Discovery, Visa or American Express cards!
    Ciao!
    HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
    '75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

How are the club members handling COVID distancing measures at these group ride to eat functions? The ride sounds fun. The group dining not so much.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Mike White
    Montgomery, AL
    2015 R1200GSW

Alabama Ride and Eat

Looks like a good ride to eat. Time to get back to living life and riding bikes. Thx for the heads up. Feel free to post any updates. We're adults here, we can make adult decisions. Wear the masks and socially distance and abide by the local covid laws. I think it's about 400 miles one way, kinda iffy about making the ride. If U have a local motel or camping area for attendees, feel free to post them. Again thx for the heads up and invite.