• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Shake Rag III

Shake Rag Bar and Grill
8902 Rankin Branch Rd.
Millington, Tn. 38053
The corner of West Union and Rankin Branch
901 876 5255
shakeragbarandgrill.com

If your in the Memphis And Millington Tn.; basically the Mid-South area, it’s a nice stop coming or going.

Dave-K100-1990 Wilderness Rally-Mountain View Folk Music

Been goin thru boxes of stuff and found a letter I received from Dave in Nebraska back in 1990. Met Dave at the Wilderness Rally that year. Took Dave on a day ride to Mountain View to see a little of the Ozarks hill country, visit Mt. View and listen to some real folk music and enjoy the local country ambiance and food fare; etc.. I was real familiar with the area; as I grew up in the next county over.

1990 Wilderness Rally

I was hitting my stride riding by 1990. I had moved up from a R50/5 to a R90/6. I had probably been to about 20 motorcycle rallies by then; I usually had a loose plan for each ride. I believe this weekend run was a 4 day event. Took off from work on Friday and By now I had learned that riding solo to and from rallies worked for me. I tried to maximize my time riding and rallying. All I had to do was please myself. Just enjoy the Ozarks and riding my bike. This was my third trip to the Wilderness Rally. Good name, no facilities; it usually kept the hip bikers out. Spring Creek Camp Ground, back then you really had to know it was there to find it. It has to be one of the greatest rallies with the look and a view of mountain terrain. :thumb

0A127DF9-1BB1-434F-8B9F-22FFD990AB50.jpeg

I smile every time I see this pic. Kind of a rowdy bunch of rally goers. Yell and holler all night long at the moon and no body complained. :buds:bottle

Buffalo River

It’s about a 750/1000 foot drop from Highway 14 down to the campground. My first time was in ‘88 after midnight. Finally found the turnoff to the campground. Halfway down I stopped, no way there is a rally down here. No way No how. Finally flattened out near the bottom, saw a few campfires and some the rally drunks standing around the fire pit. They were impressed I came down after midnight.

Most of the rally goers came down once with everything They needed; one trip down and one trip back up. I was up and down then the hill as needed, each rally trip was it’s own experience. Canoe trips, rides thru the area, I tried to ride as much as possible, I liked riding those hills and dells. I was great.
A64C9C87-9C22-4045-A81B-C7272B8E4063.jpeg

‘Me‘

DD1B0A5E-9E9E-49B9-B4AA-C1DDE77AC64D.jpeg
Me standing in the center; I think I hear bikes bikes coming down the road to the campground and I’m looking to see them. U really couldn’t see them till they kinda just appeared out of the foliage. My trusty R90/6 on the far left. It was a good partner.

Back