• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

If y'all didn't make it to Barber's Vintage Fest, then here are a couple of shots I put on the Feed. They had had terrible T'storms leading up to the event, but the weather cooperated very nicely for those arriving on Thursday through closing on Sunday, 10/10. I don't know for sure, but the 'regulars' seemed to think attendance was below 'normal,' but we were very impressed by all the action. Add it to your 2022 calendar if you're into all flavors of M/C's!

These characters were our neighbors up in the Lot D motorhome section. With our towed TimeOut pop-up, we shared a spot with our HSV friends!
Crusty-Slugs.jpeg

The slugs took my picture; below me is the smaller "upper swap-meet area" (way on the right) along with Lot-D overflow parking. Way past the parking lot, off in the distance, is where the BMW, KTM, and Indian motorcycle big-rigs were stationed for test rides. But BMW only brought a truckload of R-18s... They are really pushing those Giants! I didn't care to test one; I like my GT just fine! :nod
Slugs-View.jpg

Our group of maybe 25 folks from upper Alabama had a splendid cookout on Friday evening. :eat
North-AL-cookout.jpeg

Here's the Motorrad Tent in the "FAN ZONE" where many of the vendors, the Wall of Death, & food trucks galore were stationed...
R18s-displayed.jpeg

There were of course many Used motorcycles to be sold or traded or purchased... Wayne Carini was there in a golf cart being ridden around the swap meet. I presume he was either buying or selling at the Mechum's m/c auction on Sunday held at the Motorcycle Museum...
Hack-4-sale.jpeg

The vintage racing was loud & intense in many classes. Here's a team from New York with a stable of vintage HDs! https://www.ahrma.org
NY-Harleys.jpeg

We got admitted into the paddock for up-close photos! Some vintage Racers in action from the Grand Stand Terrace.
on-track-Racers.jpeg

A shot of the track layout, as taken from one of the towed Trams moving folks around the venue.
Barber-race-track.jpeg

Lastly, this artist brought his very large 5th-wheeler full of "interesting wares" from Cave Creek, AZ; his handle is: EricHerrmannStudios.com
Eric-Herrmann-art.jpeg

TGIF Y'all; Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

www.BMWMOAL.org celebrating our 50th year of BMW MOA coordination at Lake Guntersville State Park in just one week!

Barber’s

Thx for the pics and info. Barber’s is a special place. I’ve had the opportunity to visit Barbers several times in the past. Mostly mid-week and early in the day. Pretty much had the place to myself every time I stopped in. Gotta call from a friend, we gotta place for U, free. I just couldn’t get my shxx together to go. I’ve been off motorcycles for some years and only recently been back to riding. It’s been quite the experience. So, I’m penciling it in for 2022.

Barry, remount your tag in front of your Denali B6 for a cleaner look. Your tag will completely hide the mounting tabs.

Later,

Austrian Motorcycle

0B7BD564-F84E-4AA2-A1F4-0D246E8D3826.jpeg
Was over at Leo’s the other day and saw his new acquisition, a Puch 250. Interesting design; 2 cylinders. One cylinder was the intake and the other cylinder was the exhaust. Nicknamed the Twingle.

Performance Plus BMW - Memphis

Back to the dealership. Working on 2 bikes and little bit of a third. Saw this bike there.
290E2152-791A-4B11-8CCF-7A3A9F3B5EF4.jpeg
The yellow and black motif is back for the GS. The Bumblebee color is still popular 30 years later.

Parts for Bikes

I’ve been trying to upgrade my bikes with some new parts. I’m trying to use my local dealer, Pergormance Plus. Saw this bike a couple of weeks ago at the dealer.
7BF598CF-8F19-4B91-99B8-AA1528EAF000.jpeg7BF598CF-8F19-4B91-99B8-AA1528EAF000.jpeg7BF598CF-8F19-4B91-99B8-AA1528EAF000.jpeg

0F452CB7-F172-4864-8F59-036762AA3219.jpeg
Met Clyde Nelson and his 2018 R1250 an awesome bike. He asked if I was a regular at the dealer. Well lately yes. Been getting a couple of bikes upgraded for riding on longer rides. Tires, tubes, plug kits, wheel strips, wheel bearings, etc.

F31CE6D1-6711-4262-9773-A8403C7A04BA.jpeg
Making progress. I’ve gotta a couple of wheels over at Leo’s, he’s going to inspect the wheel bearings and service them as needed. I want to be properly prepared.

Back to Shake Rag, Tn.

C31316F2-C51F-4D11-A369-70B12C1D64F1.jpeg
0648497A-A561-494C-9629-AAF145772026.jpeg
16577637-ECC6-4D2B-A3E7-7E3EA3B9C8E5.jpeg

It was a perfect weather day for riding and biker association. What’s that bike on the end?

Back