• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Road Trip

This last weekend, I had planned my first road trip on the R90 and ShakeRag was going to be my destination. Thunderstorms stopped that ride on Sunday. Rescheduled it for the next day on Labor Day. Road Trip. Yeah!
0FEE2F0E-22EA-4268-A61B-C62EDB15B5BE.jpeg
Was surprised to find the guys out on a ride from Eads, Tn. Leo on his big Triumph.
Tom Race’s K75 in the back ground

Ride For Jumbo BBQ Sandwich

BCCF3B40-D203-4EBF-99CB-15E903978588.jpeg
Rode all of 100 yards to get me a jumbo BBQ sandwich. I really like the new potato salad.:eat
93D9B2AB-0227-4B7B-8080-6846E1B56573.jpeg
So big I have to eat it with a knife and fork. :eat

Riding for BBQ

The first post of this thread was riding my BMW motorcycle to eat BBQ. What goes around comes around. BMW to BBQ. Any reason for a ride works for me. Riding to eat is close to the top of the list. As an aside BigGuns plays the best music while U eat. Memphis style American Blues. So riding for good music is right up there on the list. I know I’m blessed.

Remembering 09-11-2001

Thoughts and Prayers to those who lost love ones 20 years ago in attacks on our country. God Bless America.

Rear Tire Slick and Old

I’ve been steadily riding the R90. Checked the rear tire; whoa, it was getting slick.
EE1ED03C-B655-4D22-8038-F16E56FEB05F.jpeg
4A122CD5-5626-43CD-BACA-7DB3D08C73CB.jpeg
Time for an upgrade.

Good Rubber

Looked thru my stash of stuff. Found a good spike wheel with a new Continental K112 installed. Oh yeah that wheel an tire was for another project. It got superseded by a newer better wheel and tire. So this wheel and tire is the perfect replacement I need. Yep, good rubber.
F92FE55A-FD8A-4E0D-8587-557B5F4C875C.jpeg
3F5FE9FD-AC25-4DC9-A7A8-91786B382CC6.jpeg

Yep, and it’s going to work for me. The tires on the bike were the tires on the bike when I sold it 20 years ago. The new setup will work just fine for me. They have been in dark storage for some years. They are way better than the old dry rotted tires of yore. I’ll keep U posted on how they work. :thumb

R75/5

Was over as at Leo’s garage the other day and saw this R75/5 Toaster on the lift. Good looking runner owned by Todd Snowden.
B1EA52E1-4C19-4356-9330-1FCD673D6F82.jpeg
Looking at the bike, the most obvious feature is the chrome tank covers that give the bike the unique name, Toaster Tank. Another feature different from the earlier models is the larger side reflectors on headlight bucket ears and license plate bracket. I think the 750 continued thru to the early era of the /7.

R75/5

Was over as at Leo’s garage the other day and saw this R75/5 Toaster on the lift. Good looking runner owned by Todd Snowden.
View attachment 85228
Looking at the bike, the most obvious feature is the chrome tank covers that give the bike the unique name, Toaster Tank. Another feature different from the earlier models is the larger side reflectors on headlight bucket ears and license plate bracket. I think the 750 continued thru to the early era of the /7.

Back