• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

I totally understand. I carry a bag to pick up items when I go for a walk. The worst is those who walk large dogs and allow them to defecate with no attempt to to remove the evidence.

I here ya. It's just a little country looking strip of land. Perfect for me to step out and feel, like I'm out in the country. Time for my walk. Ps. No pooping dogs allowed. :)

Mud Island-Memphis, Tn

I've been doing a little study of the Civil War on the Mississippi River, probably for the umpteenth time. I've been planning on visiting the Mud Island Museum for some time. They have a section about the war on the Mississippi River. I've been several times, it's been over 25 years since my last visit.

Tennessee Welcome Center-Downtown Memphis

IMG_2583.jpg
Located downtown on Riverside Drive. Good first stop if you need info on Memphis. Friendly knowledgeable staff. Free parking is a plus. I-40 bridge in the background over the Mississippi River. The visit to Mud Island was going to be a good long walk.

IMG_2511.jpg
Better. You can see the tram in the station. Back in the day they had 2. They ran back and forth to the island. I rode them quite a few times going to concerts on the island. Jimmy Buffet was a good one.

The tram was nice back in the day. Now the walk. 'It's just a good stretch of the leg.' Maureen O'Hara in 'The Quiet Man'.
IMG_2576.jpg

The more I think about I think I'll pass on pics from the museum. It wasn't that great, really kinda depressing. I think it was $10 to get in. Pass on it and just enjoy walking about on the Island.

The river walk on the island is a nice feature. It traverses the river from St. Louis to New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico. It a nice informati ve walk of the Mississippi River.
IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg
This view might be better.
The top is Memphis, then the river and bridges, Arkansas, West Memphis.

B.B. King -- Lucille

Time for another little music tour in East Arkansas. Twist Ar. is just up the road from where I live in Marion, Ar. Twist is now mainly just one huge farming operation. But back in the day it had a jumping juke joint.
IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2599.jpg

Back