• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

View attachment 66470
This bike is a good candidate for that fender. I've been wanting to put a nice R100 on the road for touring. 6.3 gallon big tank, twin front disc, rear drum brake, Reynolds Racks, San Jose fork brace. This period bike has a lot of great features for modern touring. 40mm Bings, big valves, kinematic shifter, updated tranny, 60 hp. Also a good candidate for updated brake lines, floating discs, dual plugs, updated cylinder kits for 70hp; all it takes is a bigger pocketbook. I've got a BMW windshield kit, now do I need S or C bars with heated hand grips? Gotta get ready for the rally season.

The tank off this R100 is the one I'm messing with

The red paint scheme was nice when new. At the moment I'm just freshening up the bike for local riding. I think this bike is a good candidate for a more complete and thorough restoration. Maybe pumping the engine up to 70 hp. Well, just dreaming now. One step at a time. I can just do so much; hey I've got dementia and all timers. Now where am I and what was I doing. :wave

Well, I guess the parts are nla. The next day I called Richard down at BenchMark Works in Sturgis, MS.. Looks like they got the stuff. I may still order some complete pet cocks. I may still need to do some more cleaning out the tank, I still see some loose gunk in the tank. Leo's gone off to Daytona. Will wait till he gets back, may have to do some more steam cleaning. There's no end to refreshening projects.:dunno

Parts Delivered Today

Just got my parts from Bench Mark Works. Gotta call Richard and thank him for the quick delivery. :thumb:thumb

My brother has been giving me tutorials on how to get the BMWMOA Forum up on the big screen tv. Been looking at some of the pics from my thread. Pretty cool to see the enlarged pics of my '74 R90/6 after whe reassembled it back around '92.

Marshall my 93 year old consultant

View attachment 46101
The number of cars and bikes built out of this little shop is mind boggling. Marshall has been buliding out of this shop since the 50's. Drag cars, road race cars, custom cars, hot rods, street rods, all types of motorcycles any thing with an engine. Many have been show winners at many different venues. Marshall is a living legend in Memphis. Thx Marshall for all the help, can't wait for the lessons in painting the CBB.

Marshall's suggestion; rinse it out with gas and move along with the project. 10-4 good buddy.:)

While I was at his shop, he had his bike trailer out and had the hubs off the axle, checking the bearings. Cleaned and removed all the old grease. Added fresh grease. Had his R100 on the lift, checking it all out. He's leaving Tuesday for Daytona Bike Week. His family were all going out tonight to celebrate his wife Jane's 94th birthday party. Wow, what a life.

Marshall down in Daytona.

Marshall, just called to check on y...... Sorry Barry; ain't got time to talk, having to much fun; Bye. Click. What?Huh.
And here I was worried. My 92 year old buddy is off having a blast and I'm here and not. :banghead:dunno

Marshall's Back Safe and Sound

Talked with Marshall yesterday about his Daytona trip. He said it was all great, a perfect trip to Daytona Bike Week. Good, kinda like your kids first week away from home. He took a R50/5 and his R100/7. He said he was surprised that the /7 got more attention than the /2; a first. :thumb:thumb

Marshall took a /2 not a /5. The /7 got more attention than a /2. Reminds me of a story. OK, since you twisted my arm ; I'll tell the story. Back in the mid-80's, I was riding my '71 R50/5 to local rallies. I rode to the Trail of Tears Rally. I was close to getting the oldest bike; but got beat out by a '70 /5. When they announced the winner; there was a pretty loud chorus of boos. I was a little new to rallies, but /2's were supposed to win. I got it, but BMW riders are a pretty tough crowd. I was starting to learn the pecking order of the enlightened cognoscenti. :wave::thumb

Hunkered Down

Yep, like most I'm social distancing, trying to do my little part to help stop the spread of the plague. Hang in there Ya'll; we will survive this and be stronger than ever. This forum is a real blessing to help keep my sanity. Thx Ya'll
:thumb:thumb

Bored at the Crib

Sittin around the house bored, like everybody else. And like everybody got to watching the tube. Most of it is junk, but I did find a few that were kinda interesting. You probably have already seen all of them. I'm always behind the curve.

At Middleton
A Good Year
The Pursuit of Happiness
Gridiron Gang
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Faith, Hope, and Love
The Upside
The Fundamentals of Caring
Saint Vincent

In addition to watching these movies, I've been hitting my wine cellar pretty hard. I've really put a dent in it. I'd been stocking up for some time. It's fun to play wine connoisseur. My wine cellar of 12 bottles in a cardboard box is down to two bottles. :bottle

In addition to watching these movies, I've been hitting my wine cellar pretty hard. I've really put a dent in it. I'd been stocking up for some time. It's fun to play wine connoisseur. My wine cellar of 12 bottles in a cardboard box is down to two bottles. :bottle

Three Buck Chuck?

Actually the the winery I go to most often has switched over to twist off caps; that's Old Millington Winery. The other 2 still bottle the old fashion way with corks. When your only reason for going is to knock back a bottle, a twist off cap is fine with me. I guess opening a bottle with a cork screw is more for show. That wine had a fruity nose and lingers on the palette. Important to also know the lingo. :thumb:)

Back