• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

I needed to get my new tire mounted and balanced. I did not want to muscle it on like a side of the road have to job, I called Spencer to see if he was going to be over at the West Memphis Airport. They have a combo plane and motorcycle work shop and hanger. They have a Coats tire machine. Yep, he was on his way over. I went out and got all the tire tools I could find, the old tire and wheel and the new tire. Met Spenser at the hanger and in about 45 minutes we had the new tire on, mounted and balanced. :clap In all the excitement, I forget to install a new valve stem I had brought over. Old age is creeping up on me.:nono Helped Spencer load his /2 on a trailer so he could take it home.

Mid South Ride Eat and Meet. Spencer and Rose Ann are hosting the BMW Rams Christmas party and club meeting. 6:00 pm tomorrow, Sat evening. Rams are supplying the entre, everyone else bring a dish. 4201 Windermere Dr. Nesbit Ms.Come and join the comraderie, and dinner. ps Thx Spencer for helping me with the tire.

Took my buddy Ron Wigington, Machinist Par Excellance, to the club Christmas party. Got to Bennent home, it was lit up, but few cars or bikes in around the house. My first thought was I had come on the wrong date. Turns out we were the first to arrive. My Check mix snack was a pre dinner favorite untill the shrimp cocktail arrived. I'm sure we had over 50 attendee's. Lot's of excellent food, spirits, and much club festive atmosphere. Ron joined the club and I reupped. We left early and it looks like good times ahead for our club in 2012.

Another eat and meet. the Old Bike Club is having it's Christmas Party and dinner tomorrow evening Sat. Dec. 17. It's at Coletta's Restaurant 2850 Appling Road. That's in Memphis, Tn. 6:30 PM Everyoone invited . Dutch treat. Every one is invited. Looks like the weather will cooperate and a bike ride is possible. If your into older bikes, vintage bikes, cool bikes, or just any bike feel free to come. Good bunch of folks with neat old bikes. If I don't get a good freight run today, I'm going. May skip a freight run and go anyway.

Gotta freight run for today, Southaven ,Ms. to Pell City. Al.. If all goes well I'll be back in time for the Christmas party.

Coming back from my freight run stopped in at the Civil war battle field in Tupelo, Ms. and Parkers Crossroads Battlefield in Baldwyn, Ms. In Holly Springs I stopped in the town museum and Gave the curater Lois Swanee some Civil War broushures. Got back to Memphis in time to watch my Memphis Tigers lose the Louisville Cards. wake up Tigers and start playing like a team. Left SideCar Cafe and went down the street to Coletta's Italian Restaurnt. Met up withthe Olde Bike Club members for our Christmas party and dinner, we had about 30 show up. Good food and comraderie. Good time was had by all. When it was over headed home; exhausted ,but happy. What a day.

Gotta freight run going, Olive Branch Ms. to west of AbileneTx. So if I don't get back in time. Merry Christmas everyone. :wave:groovy:usa:german

Got back from my run to Texas, out west past Abilene. Stopped in at a cross roads cafe, I think it was called Corondo's Cafe. Stopped in and had a breakfast burrito. Had a nice crowd of folks sittin around having coffe. Oil and gas wild catters, windmill workers, cowboys and cowgirls; everyone was happy and upbeat rustic and out of the way. Out side it had wild and windy desolute beautiful. Yea, gotta get one of my bikes out here and do some riding.

On my last run to Texas, I came back thru Houston and stopped in at Perry's Sidecar. Caught the pre christmas party with Perry, Carrie and all their buds. The spice rum was a real favorite and both Perry and Carrie were in quite the festive spirit. The bike that got my attention was a R bike that Perry has built for the 2nd time. The last rendition was cool, but the new version is even better, Perry has added a english style cafe fairing and has repainted the bike. If your in that area, it's worth the stop just to see and check out that bike. This bike has a lot of performance bling and upgrades. Take your time and give it a close study; Perry does some nice work.

Gotta a couple of ride, meet and eats coming up. The Old Bike Club has a New Years Day Polar Bear Ride this Sunday. 10:00 meet at Circle K station 640 German Pkwy. Then a country back road ride to Grand Pacific Restaurant for lunch. 6105 Stage Rd. in Bartlett. Ride is held regardless of the temp, but will cancel for rain or snow. Rams have their Jan. eat and meet. Jan. 14 Fox Ridge Pizza in Cordova. 1769 N. Germantown Rd. Lunch at noon and the meeting to follow about 1:30. I'm going to ride to the Polor Bear Run and just meet them at the Pacific restaurant. See Yall there. I plan to ride my R50/5, it needs to stretch it's legs.

Superbowl Party

Bob and Janet Kelly are again sponsoring their annual Superbowl party. Sunday Feb. 5 4:00 Kickoff 5:30. 9469 Plantation Way Lane, Germantown, Tn. 38139 in Dogwood Grove near Houston High School. 901 212 4632. The BMW RAMS and Ye Olde Bike Club members I know are invited as well as pertinent friends and bikers. Pot luck dinner. Feel free to bring a dish. This party/dinner has been a big hit with us the last few years. Thx Bob and Janet. :dance:thumb:wave

RAMS Jan. meeting

RAMS Jan. lunch and meeting is tomorrow Sat. Jan.14 at Fox Ridge Pizza 1769 N. Germantown Pkwy. Cordova, Tn. 901 758 6500 Lunch at noon and the meeting to follow about 1:30. This place is a favorite of mine due to the extremely good, mouth watering, tasty, yummy, lip smackin pizza. :bow:heart:eat

Had a good Rams meeting. It's really just my extended riding family, and I enjoyed my pizza very much. We have coupons handed out to all who attend to win little prizes. I feel like I hit the jackpot as I got the 'BMWMOA The First 35 Years'; in hardback. It's a nice addition to my BMW motorcycle library. I may have tio start using the dewey decimal system to keep them sorted. :)

Winter Blues Relief

Got another ride eat and meet. We started the Winter blues Relief last winter. It seemed that after Fall everone was hibernating and waiting for Spring. So we started this activity to keep everyone connected and supported thru Winter. Tom Race is having the meet at his garage. 12540 Coburn Rd. Eads, Tn. 901 606 6908 Tom hosted one last year, he usually has a cool restoration going, so I'm sure there will be something cool to see. It's kinda a pot luck event, so bring something to munch on and your own adult beverage. If your tryin to find Tom's place and end up in Fayette County, you've gone to far. Wendesday 1-18-12 6:30 pm.

Sultana The Exhibit

If you are fasinated with the Italian cruise ship disaster, you might be interested in this. My hometown, Marion and Arkansas State University are hosting a dispay and exhibit on the Sultana maritime disaster. The Sultana was a steampowered paddlewheel ship, transporting over 2400 Union ex prisoners of war home at the end of the Civil War. Her boilers blew up north of Marion on the Mississippi River the night of April 28, 1965. Over 1800 were killed in the expolsion, fire, and drownings after the ship sank. There were more deaths on the Sultana than own the Titanic, 47 years later. The Sultana was a almost unknown disaster. The exhibit will run for the month of March, 30 days, this year at 2895 Highway 77 at Bella Commons. I would consider this a Civil War exhibit. More info at Marion CofC. 870 739 6041 Or contact me here.

Any of yall riden in to see the exhibit and got time and are interested in more Civil War sites in the Mid South and along the Miss. River. Let me know and I can help you find more sites close by. I have a lot of free brousheres and maps I can give to help you find them.

Heck, if I'm home and got time I'll ride with you and take you to some civil War sites. Maybe hit some blues gigs down on Beale St.

Took a load up to Madison, Wisconsin. Got lucky that it was between blizzards. After delivery, I went on up to Beaver Dam to visit Mischler's BMW. Hard to believe that it's been almost 5 years since the Westbend National, back in 2007. Looked around for about an hour. I wanted to give them some business, finally decided that their coffee cup would go nicely with my BMW dealership coffee cup collection. To cold for me up there, so I headed south to warmer climes. Forecast for southern Wi. was 8 inches of snow, I got out of there. Headed south to St. Louis. Next day, I stopped in at Gateway BMW. Had a nice visit with Honz and Markland. Picked up a new Gateway BMW ballcap and got it in Orange. It is now my favorite BMW cap. Bought a Motoman pin and pinned it on the cap; makes me feel 10 years younger. My Ford van was giving me some trouble, it's only got 410,000 miles on it. Most likely one of the injectors, I'll get fixxed back at the house. Drove by Grassroots BMW, kinda wanted to stop in, but with the van running a little lame, thought it best to get on home. I'll stop in and see Herb and Reno another day. Kinda neat to get around and see alot of the different dealers and see what's happening ouside of my little world down in Ar..

Sultana exhibit info

The exhibit will run March 5 through March 25. At Bella Commons next to First Delta Realty. 2895 Hwy 77, Marion, Ar. . At the corner of Judge Smith Dr. Exhibit wiil run every day 10 am to 5 pm Monday thru Sat. and 1-5pm on Sunday. Admission is FREE. This is in cooperation with Arkansas State University and Gene Salecker, Sultana scholar. If your a history , Mississippi River, or Civil War buff this should be is a good stop. Exhibit is close to I-40 & I-55 so it's a quick easy stop. Probably 15 minute max drive off either interstate. Plez feel free to contact me here for more info.

Ride Meet & Eat

Got one this evening. Feb 1 6:30pm Ye Old Bike Club monthly meetin at Bubba's Ale House and Grill. 7041 Hwy64 Bartlett, Tn. Really just a casual eat and visit. Club has no dues or officers. No drama, just good friendship. All welcome. :bikes is this clubs motto.:groovy ps Bring some bike stories to share.

Back