• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

IMG_1818.jpg
They have vintage bikes up in the rafters. I think I see an old panhead up there. All that stuff was up there back when the MOA National was there in WestBend, some years ago.

Properly Farkled Big GS

IMG_1871.jpgIMG_1865.jpg
IMG_1867.jpg
Met Tim in Jackson, Ms., heading to Austin, Tx and points west in Colorado. Nice looking
touring outfit. :thumb

Hungstart, good to here from you. I guess Y'all are meeting on Fridays down in Mississippi. I gotta get over and see Rivers and Ernie at the hanger. I know they miss the Friday meetings. When I See the K1600 Bagger Grand America with the gold color scheme, I think about the gold '78 RS. Both great bikes. See ya soon my friend. Barry.

Back From Road Trip

Got back home from about a month on the road hauling freight. Totally whipped. Got to reviewing my pics, thought I would post a few more. Some new and some repeats.
IMG_1453.jpg
Let me ride the elevator. Wah! VanWall BMW.
IMG_1374.jpg
IMG_1456.jpg
Cool R9T. Silver with brown seat. Stand alone headlight bucket. Fork gaiters. It floats my boat. :thumb

Monte Carlo SS

IMG_1548.jpg
IMG_1547.jpg
I think mid eighties. I like the long hood and short rear trunk. Front end V8 and rear drive. I think a 350ci small block punched out to 383ci with about 400hp would be to my liking. :)

Common BMW Event.

IMG_1651.jpg
Sitten the campfire chewing the fat, telling tall tales about your bike rides and other stuff.

Back in the Nineties, I was on a car racing team. The team owner was quite wealthy. He was big into motorcycles, he owned over a hundred motorcycles. Two of his favorite riders were a H/D Ultra Classic and the '89 R100GSPD. I rode both bikes a couple of times a month. It was part of the job description. Usually the H/D first. Really cool. Riding it, I was a VIP. Everybody waves, that dude looks cool on that American iron. Big, loud, flashy, American. Yep, pretty much the the Cool Dude; James Dean, Marlon Brando, Peter Fonda all rolled up into one. Rolled back to the shop, walking on Cloud Nine. I was pretty much motorcycle royalty. Parked the Royal Carriage. Now for the Real Ride. :)

Back