• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Ron's Machinist Work

Picture 4618.jpg
Ron made this gauge mount and biased the faces I think 10 degrees to face the driver. Very nice.
Picture 4619.jpg
Ron machined this one off shift knob.
Picture 4615.jpg
Several pieces that hold the alternator.

Fresh motor for the SS Camaro

Picture 4626.jpg
Picture 4552.jpg
The replacement engine, it's balanced, blueprinted, messaged with every trick he knows. Al thinks it's between 6-7 Hundred HP.:dance

Where else are you going to go from Aprilia to Vespa to Chevy pickup to Camaro SS in one day. The OP ain't to sharp a tool, but the people places and things are pretty neat. :thumb I like this thread. :wave

Marshall wanted me to post this pic. Leo in the black T. The other guy at the other end is a regular at all the events, can't think of his name, my bad. I'm the slim svelte one in the middle.:wave

Nice '56 Chevy

Picture 4631.jpg
Picture 4632.jpg
Picture 4634.jpg
Cruisen the neighborhood. Couple lived a block over, said they just finished the build and and were doing their shakedown run. :thumb

Just talked to the for a few minutes. I asked if it was a '55. He said '56. I didn't ask the specific model. Now, I'm thinking it's the 2 door 150 base model. I'm more of a Ford guy. But, it looked like a pretty nice street rod, not to sure of that much rake on the body. I generally don't get to personal on street rod stylin, it's so subjective. U build a car to your own standards and how much your wallet can stand. :thumb

A Letter- 1994

Ran across this letter the other day. From Arkansas State Senator Mike Everett, Mark Tree, Ar.. Mike was a riding buddy of mine back in the day. We rode around Arkansas, Tennessee, and Missouri on some good rides. Nice memories. Mike passed away some years ago, gone but not forgotten. I had invited Mike to make a ride to attend some BMW rally. Got this letter in the mail.
Picture 4687.jpg
Picture 4690.jpg
Picture 4691.jpg
Mike, next time I have an adult beverage, I'll be toasting You back. Gotta find the proper sleazy cantina. Here's to you Mike; miss Ya Buddy. :thumb

A couple of years later, Mike did the same thing on a trip to Brazil. Although on that trip, he bought a bike down there and rode for a month. Stored the bike for a year at a buddy of his. Went back a year later for another month of riding. Sold the bike and flew back to the states after the 2nd trip. Mike was a pretty interesting guy. Played football at Arkansas State University as a lineman. Pretty big guy, for that era. 6'2" 275 lbs, when I knew him. Liked to use his size to his advantage. Was an attorney by profession, pretty good at it. Hard headed, though. He found a nice 70's R100, bought it. He needed some saddle bags. Found him a nice set of Krauser Starlet bags, which he bought. We rode together over to the Missouri State Rally. We were watching the motorcycle field games, he decided to enter the motorcycle race where you ride with a cup of water on your head. He wanted me to enter. Nope. Told him to take his saddle bags off. He didn't. During the event, trying not to lose the cup off his head, he dumped the bike and crushed one of his saddle bags. Crowd roared with laughter. Came back over to me totally disgusted, said I should have listened to you. :banghead Looked at him and just shook my head. I was thinking, what a Dumbas... . It's easy to get into the spirit of the moment. Oh, well; stuff happens. I just felt sorry for the poor innocent Krauser Starlet bag. :)

Leo Tuning Small Block Chevy-1990's

Was looking for a pic of Mike, no luck yet. Found some pics of Leo tuning this small block Chevy engine, back when we were on the race team. Called Leo and asked which car that engine went to. One of the Allards. Asked me to post'em. OK. I took the picks, it was pure fasination watching him tune an engine all those years ago. It drew a crowd, at the business next door.
Picture 4694.jpg
Picture 4706.jpg
Blurry, not good. Let me try again.

Attachments

• Picture 4693.jpg
    Picture 4693.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 134
Peter's Indian 4

Picture 4713.jpg
Picture 4714.jpg
Still lookin for a pic of Mike. Saw these pics of Peter's Indian 4. I think he has 2 Fours and 3 Chief's. Well, you just can't have too much of a good thing. The Norton in the background was mine some years back. Too much bike for me. A man's gotta know his limitations.

I like the brown leather seat on the four. May try to replicate a close copy on my classic Bagger project. The seat also has a neat embossed Indian Chief or Scout head on the back part of the seat; pretty neat. Almost visible in the pics. Nice little feature. May try to have a BMW Roundal embossed on my seat in a similar fashion.

Grandpa's farm/barn

Picture 4724.jpg
Picture is probably mid 1930's. Riley Anders, my mother's father's farm. Farm is about halfway between Campbell and Clarkton, Mo.. My mother was born in old home place house about 50 yards away. My grandpa was probably born there as well or nearby on some other family property. Grandpa is standing on the wagon in the center between the pulley rope and the pitch fork. The man next to him may be my Uncle Luke Knots. The 2 mules are Ned and Jude. The farm fronted a well used gravel highway, now US 62. My mother said that anytime Grandpa was useing the mules and had them hanessed up like now or when they were pulling a plew or rake, etc. If those mules heard motorcycles coming, they were off and running. Mom said Grandpa would just quickly unhitch them from the implement and let'em run. Less damage to the mules and equipment. Back then, most likely harley's and Indians, similar to Peter's Four. In '39/'40 he gotta government permit to buy a tractor, a 'B' John Deere. Yes, you had to get a permit then. The US was already ramping up for WWII

When I was kid growing up here inthe 50's -thru early 70's played endlessly in this barn and on all his tractors. This was a compltete working farm. My grandfather had row crops, cotton, beans, soybeans, wheat, etc. Also watermelons and cantaloupes. He raidsed beef and milk cows, pigs, chickens and honeybees, along with a family garden. Watched my grandfather and grandmother take care of all of it. As I grew up and the years went by, it changed. Each year he had one less farm operation. First the pigs, then cows, then the chickens, etc. were gone. Finally all the barns were gone. So sad for me.

Back