• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Been talking to my Buds. Looks like their all headed to Leeds, Al. To the Barber vintage bike weekend. Good for them. I'm out working, running freight. I'm in Winchester, Tn.; gotta run tonight to Canton, Ms.. Oh well maybe next year. Have a good time guys, ride and enjoy.:thumb

Took a freight run over to Cleveland, Tn.. I'm sitting next to a movie theatre. Thinking about going and seeing a movie. My choice's are:
Joker
Abominable
Downtown Abby
Hustlers
Rambo Last Blood
Ad Astra
It Chapter 2
Angel Has Fallen
Overcomer
The Peanut Butter Falcon
I'm thinking Ad Astra. What say You?
You have 1 hour. The show starts at 7:00. It's now 4:45 est. Let'er rip.:thumb

Thx Mike; I should have taken your advise. I went to see Ad Astra. A better name would have been Ad Nauseum. :scratch

Was out and about in the Chattanooga area; stopped in a
Pandora's Eurosports; Bmw's and Ducati's. Good visit and nice bikes on display. Glad their still in business. Seems like some dealers are starting to close down and shutter up. Seems I was really checking out the R1250R's and the R9T's. :thumb . Several really stood out. After a little daydreaming of riding those bikes; I was back to reality; back in the van and heading home. :)

Meeting on the Run

Taking care of some bidness in West Memphis on the I-55/40 stretch. Yeah, that terrible stretch in east Ark.. Glanced over to the Welcome Center; whoa, wow, a BMW and one of my faves. U-turned around and headed back. Caught the rider just leaving; 'Got time to talk.' He nodded thumbs up. Back in the parking lot, met the owner, who will go nameless, because I can't remember. Sorry, my bad.:dunno

I pulled up next to him, I pretty much ignored him as I was taking in his bike. 'I'm guessing a '88.' He nodded yes. I told him it was one of my faves. It looked very similar to the previous post. No badges or graphics, but neat. Alum. boxes instead of moto cases. Just a nice clean GS. :thumb:thumb

I think he was amused at my gushing over his bike, knowing the year, all that junk. Yea, man; I want one just like it. :thumb. If I remember correctly, he was from Pa. and he trailored down. Used Memphis as a base and rode out in different directions checking out the Mid-South. It was just a cool chance meeting. Good to see BMW riders out and about from all over riding and enjoying their bikes.:dance:wave

It made my day to meet that rider with his cool GS; coming all the way down to ride around the Mid-South. When I left the Welcome Center; I was all happy and stuff; well back to reality.:wave

Shakerag

Thinkin' about heading over there right now, maybe a stop in Millington for some BBQ at Pig&Whistle for lunch. :eat

Well I went over to to Shake Rag again this weekend. The weather was great and the bikes were out in force. This will probably be the last good weekend of Fall weather. It was good to meet up with my good buddies, Sundown and Ginger. Winter is slowly taking hold. That and the short days make it somewhat depressing. Dark at 4:00, Yuck.

Memphis - Midtown

I've been spending my Sundays heading north outa Memphis on Highway 51and a little west toward the river and the bluffs; good stuff; but thought it was time for a change. I needed some tasty grub, cold beer and Free music. Aw, yes; Huey's on Madison Av.; Midtown.:dance

Got one of my fav's here, classic Huey's cheeseburger. Every year they have the 'Best in Memphis' awards, I think Huey's has won best burger in Memphis probably 20 times or more, it's a winner. That took care of an empty stomach.:eat

The Band--The Bugalloos

The band was perfect for the evening. Old school soft rock fern bar favorites. :groovy:beer:thumb:laugh I didn't even need my usual ear plugs.

You know those songs, Sweet Caroline by Neal Diamond, the Pina Colada song by Rupert Holmes, anything by the Monkees. Yep, it don't get any better than that. :) I knocked back a more than a few Yeanling draft's; tasty. They were going down pretty smooth. Perfect for that fern bar ambiance. There was a group of local highschool grads from 1970; they got pretty rowdy. Fern bars do that to ya.

Back