Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218
Results 3,256 to 3,260 of 3260

Thread: Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Leo's Man Cave

After a long arduous building spree the man cave is almost ready for the grand launch.
    IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1929.jpg
    We was watching a Clint Easrtwood movie. Pale Rider, I think.

IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    It's gonna be a really cool man hangout, with a decidedly motorcycle motif.

The red '55 Indy Streamliner was raced by the race team and I was a team member. The car was purchased by the team owner and he was in charge of the purchase and the car build. It was suppose to be turn key and race ready. The car was taken to Memphis Motorsports Park to be put through its paces. It barely ran. The team owner had egg on his face. He had to go to Leo and ask Leo what it would take to make it run. Leo did an extensive evaluation of the car. He informed the boss, that yes he could make the car run properly and it could be raced in the vintage series. It would take Leo about 2 years to do the deal. It was a very complex resto for Leo to do this job. First thing was a rolling engine and body A Frame was built to work on the car. Then Leo slowly and methodically got the car to run. He would address several problems, then do the work. Out to the track, do the tests. Some things worked, well most the worked. But it was a long term project. Just loading and unloading the car was a project. Special tools, jigs, and fixtures had to be machined just to
    handle and haul the car. What Leo did was really a unbelievable task and he did it. You the Man, Leo. I got to see the work done upclose and personal.