• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

It was being there. The members of the club really have good vibes for each other. Comraderie was center stage. I couldn't keep from smiling the whole time I was there. It felt good to see all my old buds and buddettes.
A few of the Nuturally Beemers showed up as well. Good to see them. The Rams got into their meeting, I kinda drifted off. I've been a club VP and President in the the past for the Naturally Beemers. Anyway they got their bidness done, time for lunch.

Beauts and Buns

Good choice, they were quite tasty. A little mustard and relish; Yum Yum. I think everybody in that club is a chef. The rain couldn't put a damper on this weekend affair. Thx Guys, hope to see all Ya'll next year, same time same place.

Yes, it was good to catch up with the guys from both the Rams and Naturally Beemers. Kinda got caught up on what's been happening on the local scene. Was approached about rejoining the clubs. I'm semi-retiring in a few months, it may be possible. The news was mostly good and some really sad; actually devastating. I've been out of the loop to long, time to get back in the game.

Beale St. Bike Night-----Memphis

Bikes on Beale St. on Wendesday nights now in progress every Wendesday night now thru Sept..
6pm-12am. Park your bike on Beale St. and enjoy bike night. Lots of clubs and restaurants on the street. All the good food and music anyone can stand. Best Bike Night in America. Look up Beale Street activities for more info.

It's been out and about, stopped in at some BMW motorcycle dealerships all good visits. Visited Mischler's in Beaverdam, Wi., Fun&Sun, Iowa City, Ia, Gateway in St. Louis and Grass Roots in Cape Girardeau, Mo.. Enjoyed all the visits. I like picking up BMW paraphernalia. Picked up a nice BMW mesh cap in royal blue with the BMW Roundel out front. My new favorite cap.:)

Bikes on Beale Street---Memphis

Bike night is tonight. I haven't been this year, so tonight is their night. Time to check out some bikes. :thumb

I was walking out the door and the bottom fell out with wind and sheets of rain. Where did this come from. Oh well, maybe next week. :dunno:

BMW of Huntsville, Al.

Was in north Alabama last weekend and delivered some freight. After delivery, I decided it was time to visit the local dealer. Drive in and the place was packed with riders and bikes. Squeased my van into a parking spot. Must be some kind of open house. Big tent, tables, food cooking; cool; I hit the weekend jackpot.

Meandered over to the festivities. They were cooking burgers and brauts. It had a pleasant aroma. I was just in time for lunch. I joined all the rest and loaded up on all the fixxens and chowed down. Perfect. After the foodfest, I started looking around, the place was loaded with black female riders, most wearing black leather vests and jackets with the usual patch and rockers on the back. They were having a good time.

I wondered around the dealership; looking high, looking low. Nice place. I think this dealership is part of a conglomerate of dealerships. Went back outside, where the action was. Walked back over to the big tent, the ladies were having their riders syposium. Heard some good stuff from the speaker. :thumb. These riders were serious about their hobby.

Finally noticed a serious lack of Beemer riders. I spied one airhead rider beside his airhead over in front of the BMW side of the building. Went over and met Bob and his nice '75 R90/6. Instant comraderie of /6 fanship; made my day.

Made one last trip around the dealership, the ladies were leaving out in their group packs; Bob was gone. Time to go. Left with a smile on my face; good to know there a still people with the passion for motorcycles and riding. Time to head home.

Well I'm at the Pilot Truck Stop in Lebanon will come to the rally in the morning with a day pass. Looking forward to tomorrow to see all the bikes and everything else.:thumb

I just made a pass thru some of the vendors and some of the campground. Seen some nice stuff and met some cool attendees, saw some neat bikes. Tuckered out, need to take a cat nap.:snore

2019 National is now Historu

Bottom line; I had a great time. I want to personally thx all those who had a hand in putting on the rally. My hope is to see everyone next year in Montana.:thumb

Back