• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Wagner Motosports-- Worcester, Ma.

Stopped in Worcester to visit the BMW dealer. Nice place. Open house in full swing. Food, drink, specials, great folks, beautiful bikes, band playing on the patio. They be jammin. :dance

As a Saturday visitor to this dealership, I give them :thumb:thumb Had a good time and they gave me a free dealership T on the house. I think it was the charming southern accent that did it. Thx guys.

While at the dealer a nice older gent was there to get the 1st service done on his new 6 cyl. Bagger. He really was loving the bike. They brought it of the shop for a test ride
Whoa man, what is that I hear. He was smilin, ear to ear. Oh, I had them install a Remus before I picked up the bike new, with that grin on his face. It really sounded good at idle. I have no idea what it sounded like at speed or under acceleration. It sounded good at idle. It looked good in that flat black sticker out from under the bags. You go guy.:dance

Well as a club we may be losing the young riders, but a lot of the old members are regaining their youth buying these cool new BMW models. I guess if I bought one of those new Urban GS models I could knock off a few years in age. I definately would if the wrinkles would disappear and the color came back in my hair.:)

I'm out and about in Pa.. Rollin west on I-78 stopped in Frystown for a break. Dawned on me I had passed a dealer back up the road. Hermy's in Port Clinton. It's on the north side of I-82 a few miles up the road on Route 61. It's exit 29 on I-82. This is an old dealership, I guess it goes back to the days of mom and pop dealerships in the 50's when BMW was glad to open a dealership just about anywhere in the US.

They've added on since I was here last. Parked in the back. There was a cool modded up K parked in the back. Somebody did a nice job. Found out it belonged to the counter guy in shop. Nice job. I really liked this place, old school buildings give it a nice unique feel. Big selection of bikes. A lady rode in on a cool BMW Cruiser. She saw me admiring it. I told her that I had test rode a Cruiser back in the day. She explained that she had done the same back in the day. What sold her the bike was she could get both her feet on the ground. She's a rider and bike looks immaculate.

Yep, went over to Bob's, had a good visit. Checked out all the new models. The R9T cafe racer in black with gold trim. Really beautiful, probably a little to sporting for me, but perfect for the racer types. The R9T Urban GS in white with blue trim and street tires, Perfect. :)

Checked out the used bikes, they had a good selection. Went over and viewed the bikes in the museum. Nice to see some of the bikes from the past. I always thought I wanted an antique BMW, those days are over. I will have to be satisfied with a few classic airheads from the 70's and 80's. :)

If your ever in the DC area of Maryland and have a little spare time on your hand, ride over and see the museum, BMW stuff, the bikes, I highly recommend it. :thumb::thumb

Meant to say hi to Bob. Everytime I looked in he was hard at work on the computer and paperwork. I mean I could see him totally immersed and focused on it. Decided not to break his focus. There will be a other day for that. Thx guys, I had a great visit; as usual.:wave

Just made a delivery to beautiful, sunny, balmy, Franlinton, N.C.; think I'll meander over to Garcia BMW in Raleigh and see what's to see. :)

What's to see is a lot of new bike eye candy. They carry BMW, Ducati, Indian. I have to admit I like looking at big American V-twins. Looking don't cost nothin.:thumb Nice lookin place; enjoyed the visit.

Sitting around bored, I then moved west on I-40 to Greensboro to visit Motocycles of Greenboro. Time to see more bikes on the showroom floor. Met up with Eric 'Turtle' Moye in sales. Got the lowdown on the place. The lowdown is that it's nice place. It was Saturday, so time for brats and hamburgers and chips, Cokes, and cookies; perfect timing! Checked out all the cool Beemers; R9T's seemed the bike of choice. Who Am I to argue.

Got a chance to talk to 'Turtle' about the Bagger being speed limited to 100mph. He started showing me the shape of the bags and trunk and how they created a aerodynamic effect known in aerodynamics as lift. Not good for a motorcycle. My head started hurting from all the higher math and physics. :scratch. I thanked 'Turtle' for the short dissertation, but now I know.:thumb

It hurts my brain to think deep ideas. Aerodynamics, lift, ground effects, etc.. Just maybe the new designed Bagger will finally come out as I envisioned with a straight 8 engine and some real power and torque. :dance:thumb ps It will have a proper top end speed befitting a BMW motorcycle.:)

I sit out the end of the 4th of July weekend at the TA truckstop in Whitsett, NC. That's exit 138 on I-40. Across the interstate I found Red Oak Lager Haus and Biergarten. Visited a couple times. Impressive place. I tried a few of their selections and settled on the Hummingbird and 1516. Good stuff and tasty. I give the place :thumb:thumb.
6905 Konica Dr. Whittsett, NC. Exit 138 on I-40. Oh, dogs are welcome.:dog:

While I was at the beer garden enjoying the Hummingbird, I asked them if they knew the Hummingbird song. No one knew the song. I asked if anyone knew the duo, Seals and Crofts. No, nope, nada, who? That explains that. I said I listened to them in fern bars. What's a fern bar? OK, I'm old. :)

Pickuped a load in Liberty, NC and delivered it to Aurora, Ohio. The next day I drove over to the local dealer, BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland. I was greeted by a welcoming committee. Breemer and Maxi greeted me like an old long lost friend. Tails wagging and I swear they were smilin. I followed them to the front door, they looked up to me. Yes, let me get the door. We brought you a new customer, time for us to take a nap, just make yourself at home. Thx guys.

Back