• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hein Gericke repair

madmatt

gotgas-touring nogas-lost
Where can I get a Hein Gericke leather jacket zipper repaired/replaced? The jacket has been with me from Alaska to Newfoundland so I want to fix it. I live in Connecticut. thanks matt

Hey Matt,

If you don't have a "leather shop" near you, I try a "canvas shop" (awnings, boat covers, etc)... I had the zipper in my old leather jacket replaced that way and he did a great job. It's pretty straight-forward, not like shortening a sleeve or something.

As an aside, if you do a search on this forum using "zipper repair" you will just about find a thread for every brand of jacket made...

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/search.php?searchid=1337303

Often, a good boot cobbler can do zipper repairs. Basically, anyone that regularly works with leather and zippers should be fine. I'm sure that there are some good Italian shoe guys down in the New Haven area (or Waterbury, or Hartford, or Middletown, or Hamden, etc) that can help you out.

thank you all, found a local shoe repair shop that does leather repairs (harley guy, but that's ok) thanks again matt

Back