• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Boots for touring and general stuff?

AlpineStars 233507 Gortex. Had them for about a year and have done well from 30 degree F up to the 90's.

Attachments

• 233507_large.jpg
    233507_large.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,120
While visiting a dealer in Milwaukee, I saw BMW's new sneakers. The dealer had not gotten his shipment in but he had a pair to show me.

They look more like sneakers than the old ones. If you want something for summer that you use for riding or waling around, these could be nice.

They are not on the BMW website yet.

I have size 13 A-width feet, and I challenge anyone to find me a pair of motorcycle boots in that size.

My lace-up boots tend to be uncomfortable because of the bend at the ankles while riding, where it feels like the laces are digging into my ankles.

The best I could do was to purchase BMW Allaround boots in size 48. I just got them and haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but the boots are roomy enough for me to wear heavy socks in cold weather. They seem flexible enough to be comfortable on the bike, and being fairly light in weight, I should have less problem walking around in these admittedly too-wide boots.

I resigned myself to the fact that I will never find a pair of riding boots that are made in my size.

Harry

Robin Williams once said " Big hands & big feet, you ladies know what that means..... thats right, .................... big gloves, big shoes!"

I also have pontoon sized feet and finding a shoe/boot that is wearable in any condition is a challenge. Good gear is expensive so finding the right garment can be a risky crap shoot at best. Lace ups like my Jordans or hiking shoes (Vosque) are very light, form fitting and comfotable but the sole is too big and neither have enough ankle or any shin protection. Im not comfotable with the laces either as they catch on bike bits.

After looking for a long time, I ended up getting a pair of Sidi Combat lights and really like them but, again, they are like wearing a Higgins Landing Craft on each foot. From this experience I now know that what I am really looking for is a waterproof, breathable and form fitting boot that is engineered extremely efficient with respect to itÔÇÖs contours. The TCX X-Action Waterproof Boots look like they might fit the bill while not breaking the bank (piggy) and the styling isn't to mod or aggressive.

Do any of you Sasquatches have any experience with this boot? I know that someone stated that the zipper blows but, for $139, you sacrifice something. I'm wondering about people that are space challenged on the foot pegs.

Thanks

Attachments

• TCX X-Action.jpg
    TCX X-Action.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,120
While visiting a dealer in Milwaukee, I saw BMW's new sneakers. The dealer had not gotten his shipment in but he had a pair to show me.
They look more like sneakers than the old ones. If you want something for summer that you use for riding or waling around, these could be nice.
They are not on the BMW website yet.

Dealer out here had them...

I like these:

Converse-All-Star-Leather-Hi-Black-Mono-4.jpg

Yup... Leather Converse High Tops!

On second thought... maybe these? Jupiter 2:heart

Attachments

• tcx_jupiter2goretex_black_boots.jpg
    tcx_jupiter2goretex_black_boots.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,275
The new funky summer shoes/boots the Milwaukee dealer had looked good for summer. You may want to wear some argyle soxes with them to complete your ensemble.

Attachments

• sneakerX.png
    sneakerX.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,341
Back