• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spring, 2011

The cactus are blooming!

P1150185.jpg

Voni
sMiling

SPRING? I am still looking for it, the maple sap is still flowing and it snowed a little yesterday. Suppose to push 60 on Sunday, I can only hope.

Seems to be elusive in the NE this year.

Photo taken yesterday April 7th 20 miles north of my house.

Attachments

• april 7, 2011 020.jpg
    april 7, 2011 020.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 82
Photo taken last week. The road (5 miles from my house) was blown shut on Sunday and the kids missed school on Monday.

Attachments

• April 2011 pictures 003.jpg
    April 2011 pictures 003.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 79
Spring on Natchez Trace

410 mile marker on Trace and really pretty

Attachments

• Trace 410 mm.jpg
    Trace 410 mm.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 67
Today we had an Airhead Tech Day at a member's shop high atop the path to Murphy Dome. Only one dashing and daring rider braved riding up the mile long ice covered road to the shop. Some of you may recognize him...........

11-1.jpg

11.jpg

Shortly before his departure back down the hill, I had to take my truck down a bit to pull another cage off of an ice patch it could not navigate; our stout hearted rider had no problem riding across the same area.

A lot of us "young bucks" were left feeling a tad sheepish.

11-2.jpg

The weather was just a bit nicer at Darryl's Surf City Tech Day.

Click on the image for a few more pics from the event.

Spring Time In A Desert

It can be surprisingly special. During my time stationed in the Mojave Desert I was always astounded at how the desert went from a parched forbidding landscape to a lush green carpet that was reminiscent of the moors of Scotland when viewed from just the right angle. After a few days of green-up the desert would turn yellow from all the flowers. Driving across the desert in my Hummer would result in me and the vehicle being coated in yellow pollen. Lasted maybe 10-14 days in total, but it was remarkable. The desert never ceases to amaze and challenge.

86F, dry, breezy, was sunny now dusky, after a high of 88F. Forecast is mostly sunny and 90+ through Friday. We go 55-90 every day in Spring.

Back