• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

University Lodging Reservation Form Now Available

marcopolo

I just received the February edition of the Owners News in the mail today (4 February). In there you will find the reservation form which you need to send to Bloomsburg University, along with payment, if you want to reserve one of the available university apartments. There are three options available (two, four and six bedrooms), all explained in the ON. If you haven't yet received your copy of the ON, and are interested in this lodging option, you can also find the same information by following the link below (this is a link to special pages on Morton's BMW website that contain the reservation form, along with details/floorplans of the available apartments). I could not find anything on the MOA Rally website, but presumably that's coming.

http://www.mortonsbmw.com/moa_dorms_2011.html

You need this form, I hope it can be placed here.

Attachments

• University_Lodging__Form_.jpg
    University_Lodging__Form_.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Not only are those rates a bit high, you can't even enjoy a frosty beverage at the end of the day!:nono

I think the rates include access to the food court, but I could be wrong.

I'll be attending with wife, daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids ages 2 and 3. The dorm suite looks perfect for us, and since the kiddos won't be driving, they'll just have to have a cold one at the rally site! :buds

It's nice to have options.

Dorm Rooms

When you consider the number of people that can go in on the different rooms I think it's pretty cheap. For instance the 2 bedroom is $100 a night, split that $50 a night and close to the food court! Thats cheaper than any hotel I usually stay in.:bikes

When you consider the number of people that can go in on the different rooms I think it's pretty cheap. For instance the 2 bedroom is $100 a night, split that $50 a night and close to the food court! Thats cheaper than any hotel I usually stay in.:bikes

Exactly. If I were one of the organizers I'd be pulling my hair out if I were to read complaints about the dorm room prices.

dorm cost

Please make sure that you understand that the per night cost is for the entire apartment, not per bedroom.

What the Urban Dictionary says about Bloomsburg University.

A drinking Town with a College Problem. A party school. A place where the beer flows like wine, and frat boys instinctively flock to the bars and to Sal's for pizza.

:buds

Stay home and drink all you want. That way you won't offend the rest of us civilized people. Maybe Sturgis is better for you?

The Bloomsburg University policy is effective risk management, over the years there has been student deaths associated with binge drinking, accidents and some dramatic frat house infernos causing major loss of life. Furthermore the theme for the Bloomsburg Rally is Friends are Family so the University Housing is a grand opportunity for one to bring their family members of any age. As far as very young children Bloomsburg offers a Children's Museum and Knoebels Amusement Park which are attractive offerings besides our own reunion and the housing option makes it economically possible for a young family.

For those wishing that they need to be away just for alcohol have many other housing opportunities including a street gutter, alley way, Emergency Room holding area, Police Station and there is always camping with private and public offerings nearby.

Bloomsburg fairgrounds historically never allowed beer or alcohol sales but because of our reputation and past behavior of the MOA members, they have offered it to us. It is on our shoulders to be good stewards because the town is watching and our success maybe for the good of other groups behind us. When you look back on the fairgrounds that hosted major league baseball, boxing events, NASCAR and musical acts I think our calling is pretty impressive.

On a lighter note Bloomsburg is not a dry town and it also had to crawl out of the reputation of being a drinking town with a college problem. Today the frat house and block parties are controlled, the place is orderly with the student influx and its a perfect place for our Family reunion.

Stay home and drink all you want. That way you won't offend the rest of us civilized people. Maybe Sturgis is better for you?

So you think people who like beer are uncivilized? You have a mighty self righteous opinion of yourself! Look down your nose all you wish!

On a lighter note Bloomsburg is not a dry town and it also had to crawl out of the reputation of being a drinking town with a college problem. Today the frat house and block parties are controlled, the place is orderly with the student influx and its a perfect place for our Family reunion.

A regular Sodom & Gomorrah from what I hear. The sidewalks aren't rolled up until nearly 7 PM.......

Seriously, Bloomsburg is a nice small town with a population of 12,000. The state owned university (teacher college, in my day, or normal school in a prior day) has an enrollment of ~9,500 (2009-10 academic year) and the campus houses about 3500 students. In my experience (having grown-up near one of the state schools), a large portion of the students at these schools are commuters. In short, I don't expect that anyone will find a plethora of watering holes focused on the student crowd. On the contrary, it might be a tad difficult to find a nice dinner spot that will serve a drink.

You're in the country and more specifically in rural PA..........good people don't do that drinking thing around here......unless we're at the hunting camp or the blinds are closed. As for fornication...........:)

Wearing my mod hat.

Lets talk about the subject of housing and forgo the personal comments. Thank you.

Hat off, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Back