• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ah, Texas

Texpaul

Lost again
If it's snowing where you are I apoligize in advance for any antagonism this post may cause.
Great riding day today in the Texas Hill Country. Breakfast in Blanco, outside on the porch. A ride afterwards where temps got into the high 70's. Afterwards, wash the bikes (in shorts and flip flops) then enjoy a cold one on the porch.
The party will end Monday night when the temps drop as a cold front hits, but for now, it's a great place to be.

If it's snowing where you are I apoligize in advance for any antagonism this post may cause.
Great riding day today in the Texas Hill Country. Breakfast in Blanco, outside on the porch. A ride afterwards where temps got into the high 70's. Afterwards, wash the bikes (in shorts and flip flops) then enjoy a cold one on the porch.
The party will end Monday night when the temps drop as a cold front hits, but for now, it's a great place to be.

Another good reason why we really like Texas and look forward to visiting for the third time. Next time though we would rather it not be late July! Fun anyway! Dang, Mustang Island in August.... now that was warm camping at the beach. Enjoy your riding..... now where'd I put my snow shovel?! - Bob

Was rainy here in Houston the past two days, but the temps were warm. I am riding later this week. :ha

Yeah, was rainy here in central texas too. We rode to Corpus and back. Who cares about rain!

The weather's been good here in Midland for the last three or four days, but next week the forecast is for cold and a possibility of snow.

Paul,

I lived in SA from '68 to '70 and have made my home in Colorado Springs for over 40 years. You may have ridden and then washed your bike today while it was cold and snowy here but there is no way SA trumps my turf.

Sorry, dude, I have mountains, twisty roads, vistas, low humidity, and far less bugs to deal with. Oh, and the altitude makes for a nicer beer buzz while I wash my bike.:bottle

Paul,

I lived in SA from '68 to '70 and have made my home in Colorado Springs for over 40 years. You may have ridden and then washed your bike today while it was cold and snowy here but there is no way SA trumps my turf.

Sorry, dude, I have mountains, twisty roads, vistas, low humidity, and far less bugs to deal with. Oh, and the altitude makes for a nicer beer buzz while I wash my bike.:bottle

How's that beer buzz working for you today? :stick

Voni
sMiling in Texas after 3 days of riding in the Hill Country of Texas

Hee Hee. The freezing point of beer is about 28 degrees F.
Its -7 in Colorado Springs right now (according to the NOAA site).

Jordan

How's that beer buzz working for you today? :stick

Voni
sMiling in Texas after 3 days of riding in the Hill Country of Texas

I don't like you as much as I used to (and I'll taunt YOU this summer!).:bluduh

I spoke too soon. :blush

It's 15 degrees and gentle flakes of snow are falling on the adobe.

What a difference a few days make!

I spoke too soon. :blush

It's 15 degrees and gentle flakes of snow are falling on the adobe.

What a difference a few days make!

My response?? :nyah

If it makes you feel any better I'm in Houston on bidness and it ain't too nice here either. :cry

Ice and just below freezing here in Katy today... but sunny and 66 by Sunday :D

Back