• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hand guards R1100RS

Hi, I am looking for hand guards for a 98 R1100RS more for wind protection and to increase the efficiency of the heated grips.

Hi, I am looking for hand guards for a 98 R1100RS more for wind protection and to increase the efficiency of the heated grips.
Welcome to the forums, on a similar note, I was thinking the same thing. I purchased the BMW hand guards with the extra upper foil for my f800. I can say that I noticed no difference in them helping in keeping warm :banghead They still have a value if someone opens a car door in front of me and it catches the handlebar. You would still need them if you were going to get a product like Hippo Hands. YMMV Gary

I have the R1100GS hand guards on my R1100RS. They bolt right on with no mods. They keep my hands about 50 percent wamer. For about $50.00 (from bobs BMW, they are well worth it (in my opinion).

I also have the R1100GS handguards on my R1100RS. These handguards are pretty effective at keeping the wind / rain off one's fingers.

One thing to keep in mind - the bolt holding the rightside mirror in place is "reverse" threaded. Thus, you turn clockwise to loosen and counter-clockwise to tighten. This bolt comes off to install the rightside handguard - and is removed each time the front brake fluid needs to be replaced (via the front master cylinder).

Back