• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

To K or not to K?

Geez I love my wife. When I wanted to buy myself a GS as a second bike a few years ago, she just smiled and said great. When it got written off after a deer strike, I just ordered up the new F800GS to replace it, no consultations required. I did the same the other day when I put the deposit on my new K1200GT. When I told her that night about it, she just smiled and offered to get the bank draft ready for me the next day (she's a bank manager). Her only concern was where we were going to put it until the R1100RS is sold, she was worried that her car might have to sit outdoors at night. She's also a two bike owner, so for awhile there are five in the stable.

Congrats on you new purchase! I don't think you will be disappointed. In fact I just traded my '08 RT for '10GT and loving it. Man this bike has the juice...:bottle

Guess I'll need a new call-sign:bikes

BoydRT

Yeah I'm really excited... unfortunately its still at the dealer getting the finishing touches on software updates and a part on left handle bar stalk needs to be replaced.

Here in the northeast we are only half way through an incredibly annoying winter season that continues to dump copious amounts of snow and ever falling temperatures that freeze your breath into snow crystals with every exhale. It may be another 6 weeks before I can get it down the driveway if they can even get it up here in the first place.

I will take pictures of her in the snow... should look great, my new Candy Apple Red in a fresh fallen snow.

Last edited:
CH2Ous,

Congratulations. You won't be sorry as I've seen that bike in person (in Candy Apple Red) and I know how good it looks. You will soon see how well it rides -- that engine is a beast so have fun but be safe!

Kent

Kent, I will most definatly ease into this bike after riding a GS for so long. Looking forward to taking it down to Bloomsburg in July.

Thanks again MAX BMW...

Attachments

• Little Red Corvette 2 - Actung!.jpg
    Little Red Corvette 2 - Actung!.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 101
Thanks Robday.... Its still very icy here in the northeast so I haven't had her out for a romp yet. I can only describe the anticipation as being 6 years old again, waiting at the top of the stairs for the rest of my siblings to emerge from their rooms at 5am to converge on the Christmas tree.

We have a couple of thawing temp days ahead which will hopefully melt a narrow path down my treacherous driveway to the main road. If I can get her down off my edge of the mountain I may not be home for dinner. :D

Back