• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Soft Luggage

bmwgsrider

I have added a top box to my bike and the soft luggage that I currently used for carrying my tent, sleeping bag, and air mattress will no longer work. The bag I use to use was Mags Bags that was specially made for an 83' R100 RS that I managed to use for my bike.

I am seeking advice to what type of soft luggage he/she uses to carry their tent, sleeping bag, and air mattress that will work with a top box.

I'm sure there has been plenty of talk on this subject but haven't found what I am looking for so I'm sorry in advance to bring this topic up... just like to hear what soft luggage you'll have found that has worked the best for those who have top boxes on his/her bikes.

Thanks in advance.

I have the H2W bags in various sizes and a couple of rolltop river bags . They work well for me . As an aside I started usuing wolfman expedition saddlebags instead of the 10.5 " panniers on my 1150 GS .

Ortlieb Dry Bag

I love waterproof solutions... I love the Ortlieb Dry Bags, although I also have some of the Helen Two Wheel bags... one for the tent and one for all the other stuff.

I love waterproof solutions... I love the Ortlieb Dry Bags, although I also have some of the Helen Two Wheel bags... one for the tent and one for all the other stuff.

Which size H2W bag do you have that works for your tent and how many man tent is yours? Thanks.

I have a 3 person tent . I use compression bags . Another place to look is REI outlet . The waterproof bags that open up along the length get a lot of use .I have the xtra large h2w for my large pad and 0 bag ,and the large h2w for warmer weather.

Back