• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Belstaff Tourist Trophy

samuelh

Saw one at the NYC motorcycle show yesterday. Totally sweet jacket, it's the original waxed cotton with the addition of crash padding.

Problem is even the 3xl was a bit too small for me, :eat but I'm on a diet, so here's hoping!

SH

Waxed cotton

If you check with Aerostich they also offer a waxed cotton jacket that I am sure is similar to the Belstaff. I have a waxed cotton Belstaff and Barbour and wear Barbour jackets duck hunting. Nothing works better in day long driving rains. And you don't sweat like other GoreTex type outerwear. I plan on taking a look at the Aerostich jacket when I go to the RA rally in Chippewa Falls.

Not to hijack the thread, but did you notice if Aerostich had a booth at the NYC MC Show? I'm seriously considering a Roadcrafter and would like to try one on without taking a trip to Duluth.

Aerostich

Have never seen Aerostich at any show or rally. I think they would do real well if they showed up and did measuring on site. I know the international MC shows are really expensive for vendors. I thought they would attend a MOA National when in the midwest but never have. I did see where they are involved with the RA National in Chippewa Falls this year. I think they are offering discounts for customers that ride from the RA National to Duluth. I would guess it is about a two hour ride.

Aerostich/Flagstaff Jacket

I have been Aerostich stuff since 1999. I currently ride with a Roadcrafter 2piece. For the winter I have the Flagstaff Darien Jacket and use the Roadcrafter pants. I love their stuff.
They never go to any rallies or shows. They have a good aid at their website for sizing up and it is pretty much spot on. Fill it out and they email you back. You can also call them and they will work with you. They have a policy that if you order something and it does not fit, ship it back to them and they will exchange it for the correct size minus/plus the shipping.

I have the Barbour for times when I want to feel like Steve McQueen. It is very comfortable but it has no protective padding and it is a dark color.
My Aerostitch is hi vis and has protective padding. It is more proctical, but I don't get the McQueen feeling.
I once told someone in their 20's that Steve McQueen wore Barbour jackets, but they did not know who he was. Jeez am I getting old.

That's how I feel. I have a high viz darien jacket that I wear when it's cold, and a high iz bmw shell when it's warm. The belstaff, or barbour would just be for around town.

Anyone have any experience with the leather Belstaff Knockhill Vintage Trialmaster Jacket? Expensive, probably heavy and no armor, but I still like it.

I once told someone in their 20's that Steve McQueen wore Barbour jackets, but they did not know who he was. Jeez am I getting old.

I can relate. Last fall a member of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Club was meeting me at Calgary airport. I told him I would be easy to spot since I would be wearing my Barbour jacket. All the pockets make it ideal for increasing the amount you can carry on.

When another vintage member didn't know what a Barbour jacket was I knew I was old!

Holly

I can relate. Last fall a member of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Club was meeting me at Calgary airport. I told him I would be easy to spot since I would be wearing my Barbour jacket. All the pockets make it ideal for increasing the amount you can carry on.

When another vintage member didn't know what a Barbour jacket was I knew I was old!

Holly
I hope you enlightened them!

BMW makes its own homage to the Belstaff/Barbour jacket, called the "New City" jacket. I've been wearing one for the past few years and prefer it to the Aerostich Darien that preceded it.
enlargebmwnewcityjacket.jpg

Last edited:
I am amazingly fashion challenged (in my work,nice cloths or old cloths look the same quickly) and like the look of that New City Jacket. I'd like to see one in person. I'll have to look around for an idea on cost.

Barbour Jacket

I can relate. Last fall a member of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Club was meeting me at Calgary airport. I told him I would be easy to spot since I would be wearing my Barbour jacket.
Holly

Blarney!

You're NOT old! The pyramids in Egypt, now that is old!
Mind; "we," your friends know who you are and a Barbour
jacket still enhances you!

Tallnbig68

i am lucky enough to have a Barbour International waxed cotton jacket that i got for FREE from a friend when i was visiting England in August 2008. he bought it and it never fit him, so he tossed it into a corner of his garage and got it out only to give to me! what a guy.

i like it because of the pockets and because i can fit a sweatshirt, sweater, or lighter weight garment underneath it.
admittedly it isn't much on visibility...then again neither is my leather...
BIG function + style points tho!
at ZERO $$$ the price was certainly dead-on.

I've had a Belstaff jacket & pants for about 12 years & they are still great. They work well in the rain, although you do get rain down the neck of the jacket. I have only reconditioned them twice. They are not as warm as some of the textile stuff they have now, but with a heated vest I never had a problem.

Back