• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ozarks in March

radrider

RadRider
I have a couple of weeks in mid March off for some riding and was looking into riding around Arkansas. I have looked at the weather for previous years and its not too bad but would like to hear from those of you more experienced than me and the locals.

:bikes

I could be fantastic, or you could be riding in sleet, snow, hail and cold rain.

If you go with the averages, it will be nice enough to ride.

What Sibud said. Could be really nice then quickly turn tough. Be prepared for cold rain and wintry weather. Bring warm dry gear. I love riding the Ozarks.

When we lived in Kansas Voni always looked for a good place to run to for spring break. Typically - if there was a weather window - she would ride down here to the Texas Big Bend. The big problem was sometimes how to get back across Oklahoma or Arkansas.

It was probably about "no problem" one out of three years; Cold but not slick one out of three years, and cold and wet or slick one out of three years. Those are not precisely calculated numbers but about right nonetheless.

Have a backup plan. Voni's was always me with the trailer to come get her. :)

Thanks for the advice. I live in South Florida and would like to plan a ride of about 10-14 days outside of Florida in mid March. I have done the typical Florida rides and the BRP, TN, NC area. If you were planning a ride during this time of the year where would you go?

Thanks to all for your advice. I will continue to evaluate my options for this time of the year. I plan to be at the next MOA rally in the summer too!

Back