• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Chicago Motorcycle show

BMW MOA Booth

BMW MOA will have a 20ft booth and will be renewing memberships, recruiting new members, and selling SuperStakes II tickets. The SMARTrainer will also be in the booth! Stop by and spin a tale or two.

BMW MOA will have a 20ft booth and will be renewing memberships, recruiting new members, and selling SuperStakes II tickets. The SMARTrainer will also be in the booth! Stop by and spin a tale or two.

That is great news!:thumb

Can anybody tell me what presence BMW will have at the show? I know BMWNA won't be there?

Thanks, JON

Just heard from Mike Abt at Chicago BMW. Unfortunately, they will not have a dealership display at the IMS. They will however host an Open House on February 26th, if you reside in the area.

See you there!

Chicago Cycle Show

The Chicago Region BMW Owners Association, BMW MOA Charter club #3, will be exhibiting in a 50ft. booth, featuring BMW motorcyles that demonstrate the evolution of the marque from the 1930's to present day. There will be special discounts for new member sign-ups, our 2011 Activity Schedule will be ready and a secret appearance and unveiling of a very special machine! Stop by and see what one of the premier BMW clubs in the country is all about!

See now ... those Chicago guys really kick out all of the stops for the show. I always make it a point to go over to their display to chat. (Oh - and sometimes there is cake!)

:laugh

Stop by and see what one of the premier BMW clubs in the country is all about!

Hijack warning:
Carey - there is STILL TIME to run for the Board of Directors. I would love to see you on the big Board. The MOA could use your mid-western sensibilities! (Deadline is Monday)

Chicago 2 weekends and 2 different shows

Here it is the the middle of winter, the Northern riders are looking at our beemers wondering what we might do to make next riding season better. New lights, tank bag or ??

No better way the go with someone to a MC Show, and Chicago area gets 2. Really not fair to the rest.

Sounds like a good show.
I'll be coming up on Amtrak. (no driving and I can have a brewski on the way home) The CTA has a bus that runs from Union Station to McCormick Place. It is #129.
http://goroo.com/goroo/showTripPlanResults.htm

Glad you're making the trip.

However, might want to skip the McCormick Place - the IMS is at the Rosemont (Donald E. Stephenson) Convention Center!

I'll be wandering around all day Saturday - see you there. :wave

Oops, I thought it was at McCormick for some reason.
Guess I'll be all by myself at McCormick.
Thanks, It's hell getting old and foregetful.

Will we sell ticket 10,000 at the show?

The Chicago M/C Show is this weekend. Over 9100 SuperStakes II tickets have been sold. Stop by the BMW MOA booth and buy a ticket or buy another ticket. We're really close to adding a second GS Adventure to the prize list!

Since you're at the booth why not renew your membership. And bring a non member friend and get them to join and buy a SuperStakes ticket too.

You can also get the inside scoop on the BMW MOA Foundation's "2011 Challenge". Funded by the Foundation, the BMW MOA SMARTrainer will be on hand in the Chicago Region BMW Club booth. Stop and test your rider awareness skills.

Show hours: Friday 3:00 - 9:00pm, Sat 9:00am - 9:00pm, Sun 9:00am - 5:00pm

Back