• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New from Michigan

GALA

Hi,

I just moved from Europe to Michigan. I ride 1200GS.
How is here ?:ear

Attachments

• DSC01806.jpg
    DSC01806.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
forget..

I have forgotten to tell: I am looking for some people to ride a long trip in a spring time

Welcome - to the U.S. and to Michigan. Tell us where you're living in Michigan and someone will surely be able to help you find some local riders, a local club or whatever.

I live in Ionia,
I am a member of two clubs in Grand Rapids. but most of the time the people are very quiet :dunno or ride just in Michigan area

You'll have the BMW RA rally in Wisconsin June 30 -July 3 which would be a great chance to meet like-minded riders. And later in July is the MOA Rally in Pennsylvania, which is a perfectly valid excuse for a ride of decent length.

Welcome aboard,
Pete

You might get some responses if you fill in some details. What is a long ride, in terms of miles or days and weeks? Do you have a destination in mind? How flexible are you in timing and destination? Maybe with some of that information you'll find some like-minded people.

By the way, if you're new to Michigan don't overlook some of the great riding right here, both along the lake shores and up north in the upper peninsula. We traveled through the UP for the RA Rally in Houghton and again on our way to the MOA rally in Wisconsin. Really nice roads, low traffic, beautiful scenery.

You might get some responses if you fill in some details. What is a long ride, in terms of miles or days and weeks? Do you have a destination in mind? How flexible are you in timing and destination? Maybe with some of that information you'll find some like-minded people.

By the way, if you're new to Michigan don't overlook some of the great riding right here, both along the lake shores and up north in the upper peninsula. We traveled through the UP for the RA Rally in Houghton and again on our way to the MOA rally in Wisconsin. Really nice roads, low traffic, beautiful scenery.

I have not been in the upper peninsula, but couple of times to NorthPort.
I just back from Florida, 4500 miles. I am looking for a run to Wyoming or route 66 or ....? I don't like to ride on my own.
Two days trip is also nice.
What kind of motorcycle do you have?

I just back from Florida, 4500 miles. I am looking for a run to Wyoming or route 66 or ....? I don't like to ride on my own.

Definitely put Wyoming on your list of places to ride, but plan on at least a week or more from MI to have time to see much. RT66 is good also, but not the wide open spaces of WY, my preference is WY, lots to see and a whole lot different than Europe!

I would also do the RA and maybe the MOA as someone already suggested!

Steve

Definitely put Wyoming on your list of places to ride, but plan on at least a week or more from MI to have time to see much. RT66 is good also, but not the wide open spaces of WY, my preference is WY, lots to see and a whole lot different than Europe!

I would also do the RA and maybe the MOA as someone already suggested!

Steve

Ok, Definitely will ride to Wyoming!
Now, I am looking for someone who will go with me :)

Well, don't discount the UP. Great riding and scenery.

I ride an F650GS when I ride one-up and ride a Spyder (trike with 2 wheels in the front) when my wife and I ride 2-up.

Another nice 2 or better yet 3 day trip would be to head down to Ohio to the Hocking Hills area. Very pretty, nice roads, southeast of Columbus.

Well, don't discount the UP. Great riding and scenery.

I ride an F650GS when I ride one-up and ride a Spyder (trike with 2 wheels in the front) when my wife and I ride 2-up.

Another nice 2 or better yet 3 day trip would be to head down to Ohio to the Hocking Hills area. Very pretty, nice roads, southeast of Columbus.

Oh, the UP ! of course!
I am going to air show in Oshkosh ( from Muskegon across the lake on the ferry) and then I will ride from Oshkosh to UP, Mackinaw bridge and back to Ionia :)

About Ohio...oh, Columbus! I have rode there two weeks ago! Very pretty! But is was cooooold! :) In the summer time will be much better!

Welcome to Michigan

Gala, welcome to Michigan. I live in West Bloomfield and have returned to motorcycling after a 25 year absence. I did a trip to the Finger Lakes region of New York last year. This is my K1300S on the north pier of Canandaigua Lake.

Attachments

• DSCN6713.jpg
    DSCN6713.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 226
Hi Kent,
Nice to meet you and great to see a neighbor here.
I live in Ionia :blush, it is a very quiet village.....
When do you begin with riding?

You have a beautiful bike. Is it brand new?

Hi Gala,
A nice warm welcome to you also.
And you are aboard the motorcycle I would love to buy next.
It looks like it was made just for you. :D

578789249_wTvj2-L-2.jpg

Last edited:
hello and welcome, on your way to Wyoming stop in Minnesota and pick me up...ill ride with you!

:laugh

Hi Gala,
A nice warm welcome to you also.
And you are aboard the motorcycle I would love to buy next.
It looks like it was made just for you. :D

578789249_wTvj2-L-2.jpg

of course it was made just for me :p
Yours is also a good one, but a little bit antique :)

Thank you for the welcoming.

Back