• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schuberth C3 from Germany

I was looking at purchasing a Schuberth C3 and due to the cost $700, I was looking internationally and found one after the VAT removal to total $534. This was from fc-moto in Germany. My question is related to the DOT sticker which will not be present on the helmet if I order and what could some of the legal issues be if I purchase the helmet and use it here in the US.

Many Thanks in advance.

helmet

I was looking at purchasing a Schuberth C3 and due to the cost $700, I was looking internationally and found one after the VAT removal to total $534. This was from fc-moto in Germany. My question is related to the DOT sticker which will not be present on the helmet if I order and what could some of the legal issues be if I purchase the helmet and use it here in the US.

Many Thanks in advance.

I have been using Schuberth C3 for two year. Great one! The best in the world! Nobody asked me about the sticker.
I bought also on the same site for the same price. Don't worry!;)

As GALA says, no one (even cops) ever looks for the stickers.

However, if you're in a collision wearing the helmet and if you suffer head injury, you can bet that whoever's on the other side of the dispute (either your insurance company or the other driver's, or the other side's attorney) will bring up the absence as indicating that you chose a helmet with less protection and should recover less. This is complete sophistry* but could cause some noise.

* An argument that seems plausible, but is fallacious or misleading, especially one devised deliberately to be so

Or

OR = illogical reasoning...I have a bmw 6 series and I was made to sign a dcoument indicating that it didn't comply to all standards and yet it was for sale in this country..seems odd that something can be partially legal...I thought the law was cut and dry!

Last edited:
One small comment.. I believe Schuberth made some change to the helmets they are importing to the US so they would meet the DOT standard... at least that was the story they had when they did their introduction. I'm going to be trying some on at the International MC Show in NYC this weekend.. My C2 is starting to get a bit ripe..

cops don't even look at stickers on the flower pots the cruiser riders wear, I can't imagine them looking at a quality helmet.

One small comment.. I believe Schuberth made some change to the helmets they are importing to the US so they would meet the DOT standard... at least that was the story they had when they did their introduction. I'm going to be trying some on at the International MC Show in NYC this weekend.. My C2 is starting to get a bit ripe..

My first Schubert was also C2, but C3 is better: lighter and easier to use

Love the C3, love the $400 I saved by getting the helmet and SRC through FC-moto. Took me five days to get it and the DHL shipping was less than shipping from the US outlets. Helmet is Euro spec, not DOT... but the design and fit blow many DOT spec helmets out of the water. best helmet I have ever owned as far as comfort, weight, noise, and fit. I would bet a lot of money its much safer in a crash than my Nolan or HJC too.

Last edited:
Back