• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from the Peoples Republic of MA.

rwl1955

I bought a 2000 R1100RT in November w/30,000 mi. I also own a 1987 Honda Hurricane 1000. I have owned Honda`s since my brand new 1973 CB350G.
The Beemer is being stored at the dealers till spring so I`m chomping at the bit. I`m 55 yrs. old and my back can`t take the Hurricane`s riding position for very long. I will use the Beemer for commuting and trips hopefully. One of my Honda`s was a 2002 ST1100. We`ll see how the Beemer compares to the ST.

I bought a 2000 R1100RT in November w/30,000 mi. I also own a 1987 Honda Hurricane 1000. I have owned Honda`s since my brand new 1973 CB350G.
The Beemer is being stored at the dealers till spring so I`m chomping at the bit. I`m 55 yrs. old and my back can`t take the Hurricane`s riding position for very long. I will use the Beemer for commuting and trips hopefully. One of my Honda`s was a 2002 ST1100. We`ll see how the Beemer compares to the ST.
Yeah, peoples republic I know what you mean. Welcome to the forum. Chances are we'll bump into each other (figuratively :laugh ) Congrats on the new to you R1100 sounds like you got a nice low miles bike. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy, Gary

I was thinking of joining.
The next breakfast meeting is in February. It would be a good time for you to swing in and get a feel for the group. The site is http://www.yankeebeemers.org/ You can click on the boxes-forum,events and read up if you like. When it gets close, if you think you want to go, send me a Private Message and I'll look for you. Saves you from 'Goin in cold turkey! Gary

Yankee Beemers

Gary
Thanks for the invite. I have checked out the website and was aware of the breakfast meeting. How many members usually show up?
Bob

Gary
Thanks for the invite. I have checked out the website and was aware of the breakfast meeting. How many members usually show up?
Bob
Hi Bob, I would say around 40-50. I was one of the 8 or 10 knuckleheads that went to the last one when the temp was 15 out- on my bike. The new club secretary rode 95 miles-tough guy! It's a typical buffet and the cost is $13.00. Not a big deal-something to do. When there is 70 bikes in the lot it's a good take. Gary

Meet

Hi Bob, I would say around 40-50. I was one of the 8 or 10 knuckleheads that went to the last one when the temp was 15 out- on my bike. The new club secretary rode 95 miles-tough guy! It's a typical buffet and the cost is $13.00. Not a big deal-something to do. When there is 70 bikes in the lot it's a good take. Gary
Thanks Gary but I think I`ll wait till I can ride my bike. I bought the Beemer from Armand`s Powersports in Halifax. He`s storing it for me so I can`t even see my bike. Bummer. I have the 87 Hurricane so I didn`t have room for 2 bikes.
My Hurricane was parked in my Girlfriends in Westfield, Ma. and was stolen the day before Veterans day. She went out to get in her car for work and the cover was laying there, minus bike. WTF over? Two days later the cops called and they found it in the woods around the corner from her house. The dumped it in the woods on the left side, destroying the front fairing and side cover. Thank God for ebay.

Thanks Gary but I think I`ll wait till I can ride my bike. I bought the Beemer from Armand`s Powersports in Halifax. He`s storing it for me so I can`t even see my bike. Bummer. I have the 87 Hurricane so I didn`t have room for 2 bikes.
My Hurricane was parked in my Girlfriends in Westfield, Ma. and was stolen the day before Veterans day. She went out to get in her car for work and the cover was laying there, minus bike. WTF over? Two days later the cops called and they found it in the woods around the corner from her house. The dumped it in the woods on the left side, destroying the front fairing and side cover. Thank God for ebay.
Yes I know Armands, and it's always something. Whatever you want to do :thumb

Welcome, Bob!

Been meaning to get to a YB meet-up myself. I'm out in the western part of the state.

My wife is from West Springfield, I'm out there often as well - Give me a heads up - we can meet up some weekend - if not free I'm ralling with YB - Frosty Nuts is soon !

Back