• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It started

JOHNR100RS

BMWOA ABC
Not looking for sympathy ,this is just how the week went .
On Wednesday , I got layed off . ( I didn't like the job ,and layed off is better than getting fired )
On Thursday my one and only running 4 wheeled cage broke .(It is 75 F-250 that has never let me down)
On Friday I got a speeding ticket for a 50 in a 40 .(My last ticket was in 1994)
On Saturday I had the charger on the truck all day . I was going to go to the PPBMWRR dinner on Saturday P.M. The truck won't start .(lousy TV and my cooking , Oh Well )
On Sunday ,I find out that a vandel has broken out the side window of a van that I have at a house that I am moving into about 20 miles away . I replace the solinoid and voltage regulator and have the starter and alternator testd on the F-250 . Still not working ! My 1150 GS is getting some upgrades at a trusted friends house .
I have to get to Woodland Park to file a police report .What this all comes down to is that I parked the RS 100 under a cover in Colorado last August when I bought Stan's GS . It fired on about the third revolution and kept running .And I proceeded to ride about 40 miles to take care of business .
I like my BMW's .They take care of me .

The old "good news, bad news" report.

Haven't been left at the side of the road by a BMW since 1974 when I came to the brand.

Smile:)

Good 'ol Airhead. Mine too, as I leave it unattended in my garage for months sometimes and she always comes back to life, purring along as all is normal. '78 R100/7 here, I bought new:). My F350 Ford has been good(no issues) for 10 years now too, but I figure it has to do something wrong someday and I'll have to rely heavy on the Airhead again. Good luck, Randy:thumb

Back