• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 Rally

roostershooter

motorcycle cowboy
So, I was thinking about showing up at the 2011 rally on a Harley with straight pipes! Naturally, I'll be rolling thru the campground letting ya'll know that I'm "enhanced". Any objections?:dance

Last edited:
You'll be travelling at low speed so be sure to blip the throttle in front of every tent you pass. It'd be embarassing to stall the bike.

So, I was thinking about showing up at the 2011 rally on a Harley with straight pipes! Naturally, I'll be rolling thru the campground letting ya'll know that I'm "enhanced". Any objections?:dance

Loud pipes save lives. Thanks for being responsible, and safe!:blah

Timing is everything

Please make sure you go through the camping area around 3:00am and make sure you crank on the throttle, I'm sure we'd all love to hear the sweet sounds that come out of your straight pipes about that time. I'm confident you'd have our full attention and that many people would comment on your thoughtfulness for sharing. We'd show ya some love for sure!

Don :heart

A rally is as fun as you want it to be. Just don't be a bump on a log, get involved in it a little. You'll meet a lot of people and may end up making plans early for "the next one."

It really is that much fun and close enough that you can check it out easily. Friends from Montreal kept telling me how much fun they were and I always said that as a Canadian who thinks of camping as something done alone in Algonquin park I couldn't imagine camping with 5,000 others. Then Rheinbeck happened and the chance to see the vintage airshow got me to a rally and I've been hooked ever since.

And before Randy asks you to help out at the beer tent, I'm hoping the Canadians will step up again and help with awards and tallies. Volunteering is a great way to meet others and become truly involved with the rally. See you there.

Holly

What model HD & what color is your tent ..................... :whistle
Just asking ........................:whistle

never been to a "rally".......are they really that fun?

The answer is most definitely YES. With the Pennsylvania Rally being held so close to home, you really should try to book your vacation time for it. Bring extra $ for all the farkles that you have read about (or never seen) that will be available to you there. You will be able to check out production bikes of your model with accessories on them that you can discuss the merits of with the owners. The same goes for camping gear. If possible, depending upon your time line, book yourself as a volunteer. I have found volunteering at a rally to be not only a great way to meet lots of folks, but also a good time. At first you may not know your new neighbours camped beside you, but that won't last long. And do camp so that you can attend the first rate entertainment each evening and can indulge in a beer or two without having to ride home under the influence.

Many riders at a rally take off and just ride the neighbouring countryside. I do that before and after the rally. At the rally, besides vendors to visit, there are seminars on a large variety of motorcycle topics that are well worth attending. For me, I just become a 16 year old (with a larger wallet) thoroughly enjoying all the sights, sounds and activities.

And Terry if you go, let the the person registering you know that it is your first MOA rally. They will go out of their way to welcome you to the event.

never been to a "rally".......are they really that fun?

You'll find several groups that appear to be closed to outsiders. Just toss aside that perception and barge right into those groups like you belong. Thirty seconds later, you will.

A rally is like going to a great party with 7000 of your closest friends. It is not really camping, but you can sleep in a tent. Don't let the stories about the Sturgis Gnarly Davidson get together influence you. A BMW rally is totally different, in fact,you can actually sleep at night and (sorry to say) there are no topless chicks running around. Don't worry It is all safe and secure.
I suggest getting to the rally as early as possible, being a volunteer on one of the many committees, and be ready to have a great time.
I never bother to bring food as there are a lot of vendors there as well as a Beer tent and local places to go to.
From the time I get to the rally till the time I go home I usually never leave the grounds.
This time, however, I plan to see if I can go to Wilkes Barre and check out the Martin Guitar factory.
Hope to see you in Bloomsburg!:thumb

Next year Sedalia ... home of Jingles Jones... Hey Wild Bill Wait for me!

... and we'll be there encouraging a continuation of the fun through our little Salty Fog Riders Rally. We'll have maps and general Nova Scotia info not just about the SFRR but visiting NS generally. The folks you meet, and listen to, will excite you enough to visit many new and exciting places. Tenting is the way to go and, as they say, what happens at the beer hall, stays at the beer hall. Lots of good fun. - Bob

A couple of my friends rode their hds to West Bend with me.I had to remind them to look both ways before stepping into the street-ah--fellas-this ain't Sturgis,you can't hear em coming. Ed

Please feel free to join us on any brand that you prefer....but, thanks for leaving the straight pipes at home:)

Back