Thread: With Verizon announcing iphone tomorrow

With Verizon announcing iphone tomorrow

and projected first year sales of 9+ million units: 1. Wonder when units will actually be available for shipment. 2. What will that increased traffic do to Verizons network capability and 3.With an unlimited data plan, it sure could suck off AT+T users, particularly since their system was recently rated worst by Consumers Report.

Competition is good for consumers!

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    and projected first year sales of 9+ million units: 1. Wonder when units will actually be available for shipment. 2. What will that increased traffic do to Verizons network capability and 3.With an unlimited data plan, it sure could suck off AT+T users, particularly since their system was recently rated worst by Consumers Report.

Competition is good for consumers!
    That depends on whether or not Verizon competes downward to match AT&T.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    With an unlimited data plan, it sure could suck off AT+T users, particularly since their system was recently rated worst by Consumers Report.
    I've had zero problems with the at&t network in New England and I travel. In the boonies it's just as spotty as the rest of them. I would prefer having a cdma iphone, but verizon is that last carrier I'd ever consider.

Early adopter here. Cell phone since 1986.

YMMV
    Last edited by tommcgee; 01-10-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 And DRAT! Missed the last one in 2015!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    I've had zero problems with the at&t network in New England and I travel. In the boonies it's just as spotty as the rest of them. I would prefer having a cdma iphone, but verizon is that last carrier I'd ever consider.

Early adopter here. Cell phone since 1986.

YMMV
    I'll second that. I've also have no issues with AT&T. Even on all my trips, the service has been fine. I guess I still like the GSM feature of being able to use voice and data at the same time. I use that feature often.
    1983 R100RT hacked w/Cozy Rocket My blog
    2012 Ural Patrol
    Airhead #10576