• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1300GT trailer hitch

pjshaw_1

Anybody know of a trailer hitch for the K1300GT. I'm thinking about adding a uni-go trailer to my 2009 1300GT. Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.

K1300GT Hitch

This is the only guy I could find:

Steve Kitney <skitney@classicind.com.au>
5/18/16
to me
Hi Mark

All of our bars are designed to sit about 300mm off the ground (to the base of the tow ball) when you sitting on the bike.

With this info you should be able to work out how your trailer will sit when towing it using one of our bars.

Note; Down a little is OK. Level is best. Up is bad.

All of our bars bolt to the frame of the bikes and come with everything I can think of that you will need to fit them on.

You will need your basic tool set,

A soldering iron fine solder.

Insulation tape.

Cheers

Steve

Classic Industries Australia Pty Ltd

9-13 Harvest Road

Yandina 4561

Queensland

Australia

PH 61(0)7 5472 7266

Fax 61 (0)7 5472 7299

info@classicind.com.au

www.classicind.com.au

If you are going to tow a Uni-go , the Classic industries hitch is not the one. I had one , it was not stable side to side. They must be good for a two wheel trailer, the guy that bought mine tows a trailer with a dirt bike on it.

Here is the hitch I made.

Attachments

• Hitch left.jpg
    Hitch left.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Hitch rear.jpg
    Hitch rear.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20140712_104658.jpg
    20140712_104658.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 74
Trailer hitch

Here is the hitch I made.

Can you show better pictures as to where your hitch is connected to the frame.
I just bought a barely used KRUZER Trailer from a local bike shop for $300. It had been sitting in their back storage room for years… LOL, what a deal

The bolt on the upper mount is already on the frame but needs to be replaced with a longer one.

Attachments

• Hitch upper mount.jpg
    Hitch upper mount.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 27
  • Hitch left.jpg
    Hitch left.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 27
When I made the first one it was tack welded a piece at a time while in position on the bike. When another guy saw it on the bike he bought it from me, I made this jig from the original hitch before it was sold. This photo gives a better idea of the construction. There are holes drilled is the tubes where the X brace joines the tubes, to allow paint to flow through. Once the welding and grinding was done I poured paint in till full then drained. The outside is Rustoleum truck bed paint.

Attachments

• Hitch jig_resize_39.jpg
    Hitch jig_resize_39.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 23
Back