• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pics from OcalaGP SuperMoto Race Feb. 5th

supermoto7

It was great weather in Ocala this weekend :thumb . Rider in the pink leathers is Natalie Jackson from Umbrella Girls :nod . My bike is #171

Last edited:
Some questions....

Supermoto -- this is so cool.

What does it cost for a set of wheels for a CRF450? What else do you need to build a decent Supermoto bike?

If you have any good web pointers available, I'd sure appreciate.

And... it looks like there's a really healthy amount of loose dirt on this track. wonder if someone with a set of knobbies could gain and advantage... especially by roosting your buddies in the corners? :p

How easy is it to kill yourself doing this. My son has a well-tuned '02 CRF that he *ain't* riding, and you never know....

Ian

Well, well, well...

Just *had* to find out what this Natalie Jackson person looked like when *not* wearing leathers....

05_01.jpg

Visian said:
What does it cost for a set of wheels for a CRF450? What else do you need to build a decent Supermoto bike?

Yep that's her.

It costs about $800~$1000 for SM wheels and hubs. You can get by with stock brakes but they will warp a rotor under race conditions. I use a stock caliper with a 320mm rotor.
Here is a good primer on getting started in SM SuperMoto Link

Last edited:
If she's from Umbrella Girls USA, I know the organizer. She lives right up the street from me. The Umbrella Girls are kind of a fixture out here at bike shows, open houses at dealers and the races at Sears Point and Laguna Seca.

can you post a schedule of these events or a website? also, directions once near ocala. thanks. love to come and watch.

Visian said:
How easy is it to kill yourself doing this. My son has a well-tuned '02 CRF that he *ain't* riding, and you never know....
Ian

It's a LOT safer than road racing. I've crashed doing both and it hurts less. :p More sane speeds, fun is in the corners and power wheelies out of the turns.

Back