• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

women's brand shopping Q

the Wizard of Oz
So my wife's getting the itch to start riding again after a layoff of more than 12 years. We're sniffing around at bikes and gear and stuff that suits her, and darned if I can recall the brand of riding suit I saw on a gal down at Johnny Sheff's shop a couple seasons ago. My wife's only 5'4'', so as I waited by the counter, I struck up a conversation with this nice lady who was considerably shorter and smaller than my wife, and asked her about her great looking ( I suppose it looked great because it fit so perfectly) textile riding suit. She said she'd spoken directly with one of the mfr's reps on the phone and gotten properly sized and was really happy with fit, and quality and everything you'd want to be happy with.

Can anyone out there in "women-rider-land" help us with some suggestions as to what brand it might be? I want to say Fieldsheer, but I think I looked at their site last year and didn't see anything that seemed to ring a bell.

PS a few minutes later: turns out the fieldsheer site actually does have a couple great looking choices and their size chart indicates fairly small measurements, but i'd still like to hear opinions.

Thanx in advance

Last edited:
Might be First Gear. They've been making women's riding clothes for a very long time.

Or Scorpion? I'm linking what they have.

But BMW makes some fine looking gear too, and well sized for women.

And don't forget Road Gear Rider designed and tested . . .

Voni
sMiling

26667;644855 She said she'd spoken directly with one of the mfr's reps on the phone and gotten properly sized and was really happy with fit said:
Most of the off the shelf stuff, Fieldsheer, First gear, BMW, Joe Rocket, etc, is all made off shore and probably not something you can get get 'properly sized' for. I know there are a couple of mfg's here that will do that, the only textile one that comes to mind is Aerostich, in Duluth, MN. I know there are two others, but I can't think of the company names right now.

I'm 5'2" (if I stretch) and this is my Rukka. Pricey but waterproof and the inner liner serves as a warm, waterproof jacket & pants in the evenings at a rally. Plus, they replaced the armour free after an oopsie.

877551328_TgGPN-S.jpg

Try Olympia as well. I've been fitted by an Olympia rep and I can say they are comfortable, they perform and wear well. I've worn out one set, bought a second set, then bought another in high viz. I've had BMW gear and First Gear and have traded them both in for Olympia. The Airglide are true 3-4 season options depending on your location. Waterproof liners work well however with the airglides, the liner in under the outer wear so your outside protection does get wet. The folks also answer the phone if needed and the pants are made to be tailored if necessary to fit height.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/home.htm

My wife found Olympia's line to fit a woman's curves better than other brands. Most of the others were cut for the girls you see advertising Ducatis...

I second the Olympia opinions - good fit, quality gear, great hi-viz too! I like the BMW gear but I'm not a tall, thin Teutonic type so it doesn't usually fit me very well.

My new favorite pants are Dainese - they have a tendency to run short on the inseam so they fit me in the waist AND legs! (It's usually one or the other, rarely both).

I have a one piece Aerostich Roadcrafter - I should have ordered the 2 piece but it's too late... too difficult to maneuver in a bathroom with a 1 piece ... but I'm not a big fan any longer - the owner, Andy, doesn't seem to care that women ride and need good gear that fits. (An opinion I came to after a discussion with him, not via hearsay.) His staff is great though - fitted me perfectly for my Roadcrafter.

Back