• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

battery gage

Have you considered a digital voltmeter?

Better resolution for about the same price. Not easily visible at night though and you might have to do some waterproofing.

Anyone ever try one of these?

Battery_Bug_-_BB-SBM12-PS_web_size.jpg

Battery Bug

It will not only tell you your voltage, but store how low it goes during start up.

http://www.argusanalyzers.com/index.php?id=44

The DATEL DMS-20PC-0-DCM also looks interesting:

bikemeter.gif

DMS-20PC-1-DCM-dime-sm-trans.gif

pc0-dcms-MC.pdf

DMS-20PC-0-DCM $50
Bezel (shown in top picture, if desired) $6

Saw one installed on a bike at this summer's BMWRA Rally in VT. Not affiliated with company in any way.

Is this for your 2010 bike??

Just go ride, and stop worrying so much about every little voltage fluctuation.

Just go ride, and stop worrying so much about every little voltage fluctuation.

well, i guess i'm just a data geek.
probably got that way from my previous 'bike' :)
F14_fwd_cockpit.jpg

Hey F14rio,

Nice ride. It looks even faster than a 1000RR. From your sig a gather you flew back seat? My old department at Hughes designed the Digital Display (upper rear seat display) in the 80's. I did a lot of work with that. Too bad they are all gone.

Scott

Anyone ever try one of these?

Battery_Bug_-_BB-SBM12-PS_web_size.jpg

Battery Bug

It will not only tell you your voltage, but store how low it goes during start up.

http://www.argusanalyzers.com/index.php?id=44

Yessir! I have one and serves me very well! It is weather resistant and does a good job. I have it plastered on the underside of the right chrome cover of my 1200c.

The only thing was that it got really dosed during a downstorm and failed (misread voltage) and never dried out. I called argus after the warrenty ran out and they backed the product up 100%. No questions asked. The alarm function is rather weak sounding beep like that from a wrist watch but is audible up to five-ten feet away. Gives me a good indication before I hop on the bike.
While I am riding, I have a chrome (of course) Kuryakyn Battery gauge # LEDBG (39.99) on my triple tree from White horse press that works well when riding. If the girbings take on a bit too much of a load, the gauge will flash for an alert.

hi, trains...i guess i'm very familiar with the DD

here's a DD ground map display of long island from a while ago, while flying out of calverton. probably around 1989
3940643165_f30c7d5fa2_o.jpg

Back