• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

18th Gathering of the Norton's 4-17-2011

nplenzick

Last year was the first year I attended this event and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. Lots of vintage bikes of all sorts ridden not trailered. Norton's, Vincents, most all European, Japanese, and American motorcycles were represented along with an early 1900's race car that was also driven to the event. Held in Washington Crossing State Park just south of New Hope, Pa. along the banks of my beloved Delaware River this is a free one day event you don't want to miss. I was truly blown away by the amount of quality bikes that attended this. Rain date is April 18. More information can be found at http://www.dvnr.org/

I've gone about the past 10 years, and watched it grow. It's a friendly gathering of all sorts of neat bikes - sort of the spring coming out show.

The "race car" is actually a converted fire-engine, with a 15 liter 6-cylinder engine (each cylinder was bigger then a 1200cc motorcycle engine..) It was VERY impressive to watch it idle at about 300RPM, and even more impressive to hear it when it was rev'd up with the exhaust cutout opened up. The creation was wonderful - done with great class and taste, but a few hints it wasn't original were things like the power steering and brakes.

Nice photo by one of the Bill Dudley's:
20100418_003.jpg

Definitely this year!

I've meant to attend this in the past but could never make it. Maybe this year?

Hey Terence - We had a nice little ride up to the Brass Ring for breakfast before enjoying the Nortons and many others at the event last year. Had a really good time and even saw a few Airheads and other Beemers there. Good opportunity to exercise your /5!

We'll be there at the same location we had last year. Weather looks good too.
Check out Bill Shelton ( Art of the Bike's booth) for details on the 2nd annual Vintage Bike and Blues Festival taking place in June just up the river from New Hope.

I'll be there. Look for the short old plump guy in an Aerostich.. :dance

Should be there with a crowd of NJ Shore Riders.. Probably arrive around 11-11:30 ish. Will be doing lunch somewhere (found a great place in Frenchtown which is a nice little ride from the Washington Crossing area..)

Will be doing lunch somewhere (found a great place in Frenchtown which is a nice little ride from the Washington Crossing area..)
I hope it's not the little dinner just north of Frenchtown as they closed their doors last fall. I haven't been by there this year yet to see if new owners took it over.
A little farther north on the PA side of the Delaware on RT 611 just north of Rieglesville is a great little restaurant called Moyers Too. Been going past the place for 35 years and I never knew they served food. Stopped this past fall, now it's our favorite ride to eat!

Back