• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

/2 "Artifact" on Show Fringe

Liaison
Staff member
Someone said they were watching the TV show "Fringe" and they showed a character holding a prop which is supposed to be an ancient piece of technology, a part of a larger intricate machine/weapon. It's at about 22 seconds into the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAeOMDp_ej4

It appears to be an R69S or R50S valve cover with some extra "beads".

Oooh, ancient technology!! A weapon!!

Someone said they were watching the TV show "Fringe" and they showed a character holding a prop which is supposed to be an ancient piece of technology, a part of a larger intricate machine/weapon. It's at about 22 seconds into the clip:

Here it is........don't think it is a BMW valve cover but the designer must have looked at one when he made this.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 120

you noticed that too, eh? I'd been meaning to post about this and see if anyone else noticed that! It was supposed to be part of some machine for moving between universes..and it sure looks like its two put to gether face to face with some little do-dads added. looking at the scene above and I swear it is a /2 valve cover, or actually two put together. I also remember seeing a /5 parked in the background of one scene from the first year's show which justs suggests to me that one of the writers is a BMW airhead type!

RM

Saw it- thought it was quite funny.
Now waiting for the driveline bits to make their appearance.

My all time prop favorite can be found in the movie Patton but it takes a large screen to see it. In one of the early scenes where he (George Scott) is watching a battle through binoculars, the binoculars have clearly stamped in small white letters on the center post "MADE IN JAPAN". Not exactly the usual US army supplier of the time. Haven't checked to see if its visible in a blue ray version on an HD screen.

Back