• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for hotel recommendations;Harrisonburg,VA; Bristol,TN/VA; Asheville,NC

WJHANNA

TopGun
I know the riders on this forum are a wealth of info. Can anyone offer info pro or con on biker friendly hotels in Harrisonburg, VA; Bristol,TN/VA and Asheville,NC? We're looking at the Comfort Inn or the Holiday Inn in Bristol and the Holiday inn Sun Spree/Great Smokies-Asheville, for a group ride in June (24 solo riders). We're making overnight stops in each of these cities. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Bill Hanna
Syracuse,NY
www.gunsnhoses.org
'04 K1200LT

Bill - If you don't mind being outside of the city you should consider the Pisgah Inn for Asheville. It's about 20 miles south of town on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Nice rooms with balconies looking out on the mountains, good dining room and a popular spot with riders.

If you want to be in town for some serious carousing - and you can do that in Asheville - forget the Sunspree, you'll have to ride back to the hotel on a stretch of murderous interstate. Try the Rennaissance Asheville Hotel (828-252-8211), or for something less pricey the Best Western next to it (253-1851). They are both right off of I-240.

For Virginia, there is a great inn on the Parkway at Peaks of Otter, however it is just north of Roanoke. Closer to Harrisonburg, at Waynesboro, there is a motel right at the northern terminus of the Blue Ridge Parkway, which happens to be the southern terminus of the Skyline Drive. Sorry, I've stayed there twice but don't know the name of it - it changed owners.

Bristol? Heck, that place is full of those Tennesse boys. Unless you're going to the races skip it. Drop down to Boone on 421 - it's a college town and has plenty of motels. You can pick up the Blue Ridge there and ride it into Asheville the next day and stop at Mt. Mitchell for lunch. Or, you could just push on over the mountain to Asheville, on the new stretch of I-26 (still I-181 on older maps). It is the most impressive stretch of intersate I've ever been on in the SE. That'll give y'all more time for checking out Ashevile & riding over to Deal's Gap & the Cherohola Parkway.

I'd be happy to share more about riding the Asheville area, PM me.
Have a great trip! Steve-O

Asheville

Steve,
Great info, many thanks. I'll PM you with our itinerary and maybe you can add some tips. Thanks again.

Bill

Back