• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

What are you reading?

Non Fiction - The Power of Habit , why we do what we do in life and business by Charles Duhigg

Fcition - The Lost Years by Mary Higgins Clark

Sherlock Holmes in America - a series of short stories. These, of course, are not from Arthur Conan Doyle, but are very good.

The Years of Lyndon Johnson: The Path to Power by Robert Caro

Picked this up at a yard sale for 25 cents. Did not expect much, but I'm hooked! and 3 more volumes to go.

Great writer! Politics in the 20s and 30s. Doesn't seem like much has changed.

Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson

They are in your house. They are in your BMW. They are in the skiesNow theyre coming for you. :brow

The Years of Lyndon Johnson: The Path to Power by Robert Caro

Picked this up at a yard sale for 25 cents. Did not expect much, but I'm hooked! and 3 more volumes to go.

Great writer! Politics in the 20s and 30s. Doesn't seem like much has changed.

NPR had a segment on this series during Morning Edition today... sounds interesting.
Probably won't be able to find my copy for 25-cents though...

Empire of the Summer Moon

by S.C. Gwynne

Fascinating Non-fiction about the Comanches and the white settlers' and US Army's attempts to exterminate them

THINKING, FAST AND SLOW By Daniel Kahneman

It’s very good book that was written by a psychologist who won the Nobel Prize in economics. Go figure. It’s an excellent explanation of how the brain processes information, and reacts.

E.

Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road - Neil Peart

A heart wrenching account of Neil's 55,000 mile journey accross and around North America looking for meaning in his life after the deaths of his daughter and wife within a year of each other.

Lonesome Dove. Good book, but I can't believe how many pages it takes to cover not really that much story-time.

Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese. Best book I've read in a long time. Love, war,politics,religion, But mostly about what it means to be a doctor.

Back