• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar Pant

lionheart33

I purchased a pair of Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar Pants, they arrived about a week ago. This was my first purchase from Motoport the process of placing and receiving the order was excellent. Following the directions on their website I had my measurements and placed my order, it took less than 5 minutes. The expected delivery was about 3 1/2 weeks, and it took 3 1/2. The pant is everything I expected and is an excellent product. I can not imagine that there is a more protective and better constructed pair of riding pants.

This morning it was 14 degrees and I rode to the gym about 10 miles using the Air Mesh over a pair of jeans, I did not feel any cold at all on my lower body. I could have gone for hours. The pants are easy on and easy off, with or without boots on. The armor feels a bit bulky at first, but for me the armor is in the right places and I got used to it pretty quickly. I had been considering these pants for a long time, trying to decide if they would be worth the cost, after the first ride with them there is no doubt that they are worth it. Now I am going to start saving my coins for the jacket.

There is not much detail in this picture but it shows the fit.

150577_124353164294425_100001592279051_157085_1398514_n.jpg

Motoport has an excellent product, excellent customer service and production.

Brownie,
Yes they come with a liner. I've had a pair for about 3-4 years now. You can check out more information here http://www.motoport.com.

Lionheart33,
There is one drawback with these pants. The kevlar mesh acts kind of like sand paper and can damage the painted finish on your bike. I kept noticing white powder on my tank, then I realized it was the clearcoat finish. If possible, put some knee pads on the bike to protect the surface.

Lastly, I like the jacket ten times more than the pants.

Brownie,
Yes they come with a liner. I've had a pair for about 3-4 years now. You can check out more information here http://www.motoport.com.

I seldom use the liners as the bikes' fairings keep my legs dry during most rainfalls. Of course on days with massive all day downpours, I wear the liners. In the mid-forties or lower I wear the liners to block the cold. Personally, I really do not like wearing the liners as they make getting the pants on a pain for me. When I do wear the liners, I seldom attach them to the actual riding pants which makes putting them and taking them off much easier. The pants go and off very easily without the liners.

I've tested these pants during a 30 mph low side on gravel. Minor marks (unnoticeable to everyone but me) and no damage to me. :bliss

Lionheart33,
There is one drawback with these pants. The kevlar mesh acts kind of like sand paper and can damage the painted finish on your bike. I kept noticing white powder on my tank, then I realized it was the clearcoat finish. If possible, put some knee pads on the bike to protect the surface.

Lastly, I like the jacket ten times more than the pants.

I've never experience the above mentioned sandpaper effect on the gas tank during the 80,000 miles that I have ridden with them. Must be a different saddle/gas tank combination.

When I eventually order a replacement jacket, I'd ask for a second wallet pocket on the left side as well as the one which comes on the right.

With electrics and liners, and without either, my Motoport Mesh riding suit has served me well in temperatures from 28F to 106F. It is a good product. :dance :ca

Love their gear

I was measured at the Rally in Oregon, and think they are great! Very good company to deal with. After placing my order, I decided to make a few changes, and it was no problem. I bought mine with the rail liner, but not cold weather liner. They cost more, but I think it's well worth it.

Brad Doyle
Fairview Heights, IL
Is it spring yet???

I bought my jacket and pant about three years ago. I have not tested them on the pavement yet.

I like my gear! In fact this morning I just ordered their kevlar racing gloves. They are a little spendy $$ but who am I to argue with Santa?

Attachments

• Kevlar%20Racing%20Gloves%20POPLET.jpg
    Kevlar%20Racing%20Gloves%20POPLET.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,059
I've had the full mesh kevlar pants and the police pants which are mesh on the front and stretch kevlar on the back. I find the police pants significantly more comfortable as the stretch kevlar is more comfortable than the mesh which has a stiff plastic feel (which I have never found to soften up). In addition the zipper arrangement on the full mesh pants pushes against the knee armor. I have not found any difference in air flow between the 2.
The police pants are form fitting and the full mesh are a looser fit. Except for the BMW mesh (the gray mesh) which I suspect is the same product, I have never seen/felt a more substantial mesh garment. You can also customize your garments to add or subtract features as you need/want. I have a customized version of the police mesh jacket that is my hot weather choice. Lots of comments, pics on advrider about the gear.

Back