• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2011 Rally Q&A

University<>Rally Shuttle Service???

Any updated information on the possibility of a shuttle service between the University Apartments, downtown, and the Rally site? Will it happen? Shuttle hours?

Thanks,

Any updated information on the possibility of a shuttle service between the University Apartments, downtown, and the Rally site? Will it happen? Shuttle hours?

Thanks,

Just received the following email regarding this:

Hi Theo,
There will be a bus service running to and from the University to the Bloomsberg Fairgrounds, starting Wed. at 12 noon until 12:15 AM.

Thur., Fri., and Sat. the buses will run from 8AM until 12:15AM

There may be stops at the town square. Please be sure to check your rally program when you get it to find out the latest info.

See you soon!
Denise
2011 Rally Co-Chair

hi gang - looong time since i've hung out in MOA land. it's nice to be here!

is there an option to ship stuff (like camping gear) to the rally? i've seen the UPS station at other rallies where folks ship stuff home, but does that same facility manage incoming packages also?

(sorry if this is posted elsewhere - i looked but didn't find anything on this topic)

hi gang - looong time since i've hung out in MOA land. it's nice to be here!

is there an option to ship stuff (like camping gear) to the rally? i've seen the UPS station at other rallies where folks ship stuff home, but does that same facility manage incoming packages also?

(sorry if this is posted elsewhere - i looked but didn't find anything on this topic)

Yes scroll down :thumb http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally11/local_area/2011_bmw_moa_rally_faq

How do I ship my gear to the Rally?

Please do not ship packages for arrival before July 12th. Upon arrival on site, please visit the Receiving area located in the Vendor Area to claim your shipments. Clearly mark all packages as follows:

Your Name & Contact Number

C/O BMW MOA Rally

Bloomsburg Fairgrounds

620 West Third Street

Bloomsburg, PA 17815

Will there be a way to ship items home?

We are making arrangements to have UPS and United States Postal Service available.

For those of us that register early and suffer from CRS did you mail tickets or something or do we just bring a copy of the email receipt?

:)

Thanks

You can bring a copy or the receipt, but for folks like me that will probably forget both:) registration will have you pre-registered.

Mark

I plan on arriving on Wednesday and volunteering at the rally. Since I am planning on 4 nights in the tent at the rally, I want to bring my CPAP machine and put my tent up in the special needs area.
If I bring a 50 foot extension cord will that be long enough to reach an available outlet and run power to my tent?

I plan on arriving on Wednesday and volunteering at the rally. Since I am planning on 4 nights in the tent at the rally, I want to bring my CPAP machine and put my tent up in the special needs area.
If I bring a 50 foot extension cord will that be long enough to reach an available outlet and run power to my tent?

I think that should be long enough, if not you can goto Wal Mart or Loew's to get a longer one.

Roc

Fred, if you're in the special needs area, a cord half that long will be more than enough.

Stan Herman
logistics chair 2011

Fred, I have the same needs and carry a 100' cord and a couple 3 ways every where I go. I'm sure we can get everyone hooked up ok... Kenny

Car Parking

For several reasons, I'm coming via car. Is there a special place where cars park or can I park it in the club camping area where I will tent?

For several reasons, I'm coming via car. Is there a special place where cars park or can I park it in the club camping area where I will tent?

There will be an parking area for you to be able to park your car... you won't be able to drive your car to where your tent will be.

Driving from Indiana --2011 Rally

Question- Will be driving to the Rally from Indiana and Map Quest shows the same time on two routes 1. On I-70 and the other on I-80. Which is the best route to avoid road work etc

I 80 from Toledo Ohio is great piece of slap with 3 small work zone. we made it in 8 hours.
I know nothing of I 70.
tony

I preregistered online for two, but one cannot go. Is the second admission transferable or refundable?

Fred

I am delivering by trailer a BMW dealer's R1200GS to one of the accessories vendors for use in their vendor display during the rally. I can arrive very early Thursday morning. What is a good time to arrive in order to get in and get out with the trailer, and which gate should I drive to?

Fred

How do I prove that I'm a BMWMOA member to get the discounted admission? I think I received a registration card at some point of time, but I have no idea where it is. WOuld it be good enough to show my account page from this site?

camping

where is the general camping ? the only thing marked on the site map is where you can't camp or for reserved camping of one sort or another . I don't see a legend ? is there camping on site for the moa members that aren't with a club?

I guess I'm SOL . No answers for three days

Last edited:
Back