• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Top Box Interior Light

B

BUDDINGGEEZER

Recently I bought a Givi EV 46 top box and in the back of my mind I planed on installing an interior light. I didn't want to drill and run wires into the box. Home Depot had this flashlight kit with 2 small swiveling headlights. The whole kit was around $10 with 6 6led, 2 larger lights and the 2 headlights. I installed one in my '93 Miata for a dome/map light with double sided tape and velcrowed the other in the Givi. The lighted pic is with no lights on and no flash.

Ralph Sims

Attachments

• Destin 10-10 009 (1024 x 768).jpg
    Destin 10-10 009 (1024 x 768).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 813
No flash

Ralph Sims

Attachments

• Destin 10-10 010 (1024 x 768).jpg
    Destin 10-10 010 (1024 x 768).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 810
:thumb Even the "Pop a Lights" that were advertised on TV worked well for this kind of thing. With the new generation of really inexpensive LED's this works out great. It's nice to have fresh batteries with you for the invariable light left on....that's better than the bike being dead. For all around ease you've got a winner. :clap Gary

Why would you want to shed light on a Honda manual?

That's what I ride. Sorry to offend you, with an idea. It won't happen again. Your attitude is why I'll be $40 richer next Jan.

Ralph Sims

That's what I ride. Sorry to offend you, with an idea. It won't happen again. Your attitude is why I'll be $40 richer next Jan.

Ralph Sims
Oooops, forgot to add a smiley face. No attitude intended, just a little levity which didn't seem to come across. Maybe your right about this forum!
(sarcasimy face)

Back