• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How about heated gear...for my garage.

how high would I have to go?

"Code" in California may be 24"; at least that's how high our W/H platform is off of the concrete. I'm not a contractor, so don't quote me. Since the fumes tend to hug the floor, they tend to "pool" up. How "deep" do they pool... :dunno

A buddy of mine lost his shiny new '82 Honda CX500 Guzzi-wannabe, and most of his garage, in exactly this manner. He'd pulled the tank and set it on the floor before heading into the house for dinner. The cross-over tube on the petcock popped off and flooded the floor ... water heater kicked on ... garage went poof.

He was fortunate that he and the family were awake when it happened. If it had happened after retiring for the night the outcome would probably have been much more tragic than just incinerating a motorcycle and some structure.

Garage heater

I have a 22'x22' Garage, 2x6 construction, well insulated, and my little Oreck infared cube keeps it at whatever temp. I want. I also have a ceiling fan to circulate, and a dehumidifier, so its truly a climate contolled garage. These heaters are also sold as "Edenpure".

I put a ventless natural gas wall heater in my garage. Turn it on end of October and it runs til about mid-May. Garage is 72 degrees. Then the gas goes off, and in June, the window air conditioner goes on. Garage is still 72 degrees. Bikes love it, I love it, and my wood tools and wood love it. My bikes share the woodshop.

Back