• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

So long, Ron Santo

wezul

Cage Rattler
Few memories are as distinct in my mind as the '69 Cubs. A good season with a heartbreaking finish.

Part of that '69 team was Ron Santo, third base.
1113225744_mjMU8-O.jpg

He played that position well, tenacious defense and hit with power. I can remember him running down the third base line after a win and jumping, clicking his heels.

He later became part of the WGN radio broadcast team.
1113225741_z2ZTn-O.jpg

As long as I have known him, either as a player or a broadcaster, I cannot recall him ever having a bad thing to say about anyone.

Great guy.

Wezul,

I grew up in NY, and in '69 went to a few of those World Series games, when the Mets won!

AZ-J

Good Bye Ron

Though I never met Ron Santo, I am saddened by his passing. Barb,my s.o. who is a major Cubs fan has walked in the Ron Santo Juvenile Diabetes Walks for 10 years, and has met him several times. She has mentioned to me what a gracious man he was.
I will be sending the JDRF a check today in his memory.
Chicago and the world has lost a true hero.

Back