• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone have experience with Joe Rocket RKT 101 Carbon Helmet?

mark from maine

New Enough has a great price on the Joe Rocket RKT 101 carbon fiber helmet. Pickings are slim but they do have my size. For the last twenty years or so I have been wearing a variety of modular helmets. It is possible to go back to a non modular? How does anyone put glasses on with a non modular full face? Before or after putting on the helmet? I like the idea of the light weight of the carbon helmets. Neck and shoulders are not getting any younger. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Never had a Joe Rocket myself but last ride out with my buddies proved enlightment.
One rider was complaining about a poor fitting helmet (a Joe Rocket),I happened to have on my HJC CL-Sp helmet and stated mine was very comfy on long rides.When we compaired the two, the shells looked just the same,but the lining in the Joe Rocket looked woofully inferior to the HJC.
Im not saying JR buys the shells from HJC and installs its own lining,but...:dunno

Froggy, Thanks for the reply. I ended up ordering the helmet. Just got it this afternoon. I compared the lining of my two year old HJC IS max modular helmet with the new Joe Rocket RKT 101 Carbon helmet. They are not exactly alike but very, very similar. I cannot see where one is better than the other but just slightly different in stying mostly. Lining snaps appear to be the same.

Getting my eye glasses installed through the opening was not the chore that I feared it would be.

Probably will not get to do a proper road test until next season. Winter is on our doorstep.

Mark

Hey,always great when a company improves its product.Carbon Fiber...I bet that helmets light.

Back