• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Name that Road

bullet

aka Johnny Hammerlane
I had this idea while killing some time in the garage the other day:
I'll post a photo of a road I've ridden and see how many people can ID the road.
Let's see where this goes.
-Kerry.

Attachments

• DSCF0625.jpg
    DSCF0625.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 525
OR 3 and WA 129 descending northbound into Asotin and Clarkston WA, with the Columbia River beyond. A fabulous road.

May I play? How about this one?

P1010402.jpg

Voni
sMiling

That didn't take long!

dbrick: you're probably correct on the route numbers but I know it as Lewiston Hill Road. I was on my way to the Oregon Rally last July riding from Ontario via Alberta, B.C. and Idaho when I first saw this road quite by chance. There was a rest area and when I approached the sign to read it, I saw below this magnificent ribbon of pavement.
After riding down and back up, twice, I was on my way.

Attachments

• DSCF0627.jpg
    DSCF0627.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 471
Voni:

My best guess would be the Big Bend area of southern Texas.
Awesome riding and outrageous scenery, I was through the area in 1999 the year after I got my first BMW, an 100 RT. The road along the river to Presidio was especially "entertaining".

Here's another one:

This shouldn't take very long to get a correct reply:

Attachments

• DSCF0676.jpg
    DSCF0676.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 472
My best guess would be the Big Bend area of southern Texas.
Awesome riding and outrageous scenery, I was through the area in 1999 the year after I got my first BMW, an 100 RT. The road along the river to Presidio was especially "entertaining".

It is! In the National Park at Soltol Vista at sunset. Gorgeous!

Voni
sMiling

How about this one...

And no, it's not I-70 through Kansas!
But I'll bet some wish that it was.

Attachments

• NDtwisties.jpg
    NDtwisties.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 318
Back