• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm ready for more jokes.

Shopping Today

True story:

I just got back from food shopping at the local Von’s.

In the frozen foods section, of course there is an area of “meatless” products, for the vegetarians. I sometimes check that stuff out, as I’ve found some of it to be fairly tasty and satisfying.

Today I spotted a product called “Cauliflower Wings” (with sauce).

Dang, I never even knew they could fly!

True story:

I just got back from food shopping at the local Von’s.

In the frozen foods section, of course there is an area of “meatless” products, for the vegetarians. I sometimes check that stuff out, as I’ve found some of it to be fairly tasty and satisfying.

Today I spotted a product called “Cauliflower Wings” (with sauce).

Dang, I never even knew they could fly!

They're flightless just like chickens. :whistle

I know of at least one that took flight. A friend and his wife live on a homestead in the Idaho back country about forty miles east of me. Their only access is by hiking trail or by boat via the Salmon River, the River of No Return. Their communication is by a back country radio. One morning he mentioned, by radio, that a coyote had got their rooster last night.

That evening, just before dark they heard a light fixed wing flying low along the canyon, one of their back country pilot friends who heard their radio call in the morning. The next morning, Heinz and Barbara awoke to a rooster crowing again at their homestead.

Apparently the low flying plane last night opened the window and launched a “flightless” rooster over the ranch and he glided to the ground.

Just when you think you have this flightless thing figured out....🤔

i before e

"i before e", right?

Except when your foreign neighbor Keith receives eight counterfeit beige sleighs from feisty caffeinated weightlifters.

Weird.

Definitely weird...I never thought about that. I found something on the web that tries to fully expand on the "i before e except after c" rule:

i before e, except after c
Or when sounded as 'a' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'
Unless the 'c' is part of a 'sh' sound as in 'glacier'
Or it appears in comparatives and superlatives like 'fancier'
And also except when the vowels are sounded as 'e' as in 'seize'
Or 'i' as in 'height'
Or also in '-ing' inflections ending in '-e' as in 'cueing'
Or in compound words as in 'albeit'
Or occasionally in technical words with strong etymological links to their parent languages as in 'cuneiform'
Or in other numerous and random exceptions such as 'science', 'forfeit', and 'weird'.

Ah, English! :dance

Deaf Mafia Bookkeeper

A Mafia Godfather finds out that his bookkeeper, Guido, has cheated him out of $10 million dollars.

His bookkeeper is deaf. That was the reason he got the job in the first place.

It was assumed that Guido would hear nothing so he would not have to testify in court.

When the Godfather goes to confront Guido about his missing $10 million, he takes along his lawyer who knows sign language.

The Godfather tells the lawyer, "Ask him where the money is!"

The lawyer, using sign language, asks Guido, "Where's the money?"

Guido signs back, "I don't know what you are talking about.”

The lawyer tells the Godfather, "He says he doesn't know what you are talking about.”

The Godfather pulls out a pistol, puts it to Guido's head and says, "Ask him again or I'll kill him!"

The lawyer signs to Guido, "He'll kill you if you don't tell him."

Guido trembles and signs back, "OK! You win! The money is in a brown briefcase, buried behind the shed at my cousin Bruno's house.

The Godfather asks the lawyer, "What did he say?"

The lawyer replies, "He says you don't have the balls to pull the trigger."

Don't you just love lawyers?

Back