• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cross Country RAP is no more......

U

USAF1

The Cross Country Motor Club Roadside Assistance will no longer be offered..........just got the letter in the mail.

If you have it now.....it will only run until the day your coverage expires. In my case, it's 12/11/10.

DANGNABITANYHOW.....though I've not ever had to use it...the peace of mind was nice. Keeeee Rap!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, wild unsubstantiated rumor has it that AMA and KOA/Allstate offer something similar...........(sigh of releif..............)

The Cross Country Motor Club Roadside Assistance will no longer be offered..........just got the letter in the mail.

If you have it now.....it will only run until the day your coverage expires. In my case, it's 12/11/10.

DANGNABITANYHOW.....though I've not ever had to use it...the peace of mind was nice. Keeeee Rap!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, wild unsubstantiated rumor has it that AMA and KOA/Allstate offer something similar...........(sigh of releif..............)

So, pick another provider. We use Allstate RV through KOA. We find it best value for us, but there are several others to choose from including AAA (in some states).

Will BMW use another company for roadside assistance while the bikes are in warranty?

Just a note that if you use the Roadside Assistance deals offered through your motorcycle insurance carrier, many insurance companies will report any use of the program to ChoicePoint, the fine folks who compile insurance claim information, and further use it as a negative when computing your renewal rates. State Farm does, GEICO does but says they don't use it to make policy decisions (cleverly omitting whether they use it to make policy RATE decisions), and Progressive does not report or use it for policy granting or rate decisions.

Check out this similar thread:
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?p=614208

I called GEICO after posting in that thread and they refused to give me a straight answer. I then called Progressive and was put right in touch with their media relations person who confirmed the no report/no consideration and then went on to quite pleasantly give me full and straight answers to several other questions I had.

I sucked anyway...tried to use it once and they couldn't find a tow 25 miles outside of a major city.

I have had AAA with the RV/motorcycle addition for many years. I have used it twice for my bike and several other times for my cars and trucks through the years. They have always been prompt and helpful, even when I called them once on Thanksgiving day.

When I called them for my bike, the local agency brought equipment for bikes and were careful and thorough.

It is possible that other clubs are cheaper, but AAA has the advantage for coverage and reliable response. It is worth the money for me, and since it covers both my bikes and my cages.

Jim Wayne

Not only will AAA cover you but also anybody who is with you. If your buddy has a breakdown as long as you are there with the membership card they will tow him. I have also used them and response was quick with the driver calling and verifying the type of vehicle so he would not waste our time.

Frostproof to Sarasota was 97 free miles.

My wife had CrossCountry for years and when her PD brokedown she found out it only covered her K75S and would not allow her to upgrade.

Cal

Back