• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tapatalk software to browse this forum on mobile devices

TomDac

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if we could get this installed on the site:

http://www.tapatalk.com/

It is FREE and makes using the forum MUCH better on a mobile device.

I run a Hi-Fi forum and have installed this at the request of my user community and it's been really nice... install is painless and did I mention, it's FREE?!

Thanks for the post tom - we are currently checking for compatibility

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if we could get this installed on the site:

http://www.tapatalk.com/

It is FREE and makes using the forum MUCH better on a mobile device.

I run a Hi-Fi forum and have installed this at the request of my user community and it's been really nice... install is painless and did I mention, it's FREE?!

Awesome. Thanks!!

It really is a great tool to browse forums on an iPhone... I'm sure it's the same with other mobile devices.

We have installed Taptalk but everything on this forum must go through the secure services which apparently aren't fully compatible.

I tried to sign in on Tapatalk as I am unable to as I get:

photo-17.jpg

Is it not 100% working?

I have never tried to use Tapatalk before...

If I am able to log in, would I be able to post using Tapatalk?

Thanks.

not quite ready for primetime

looks like you can only see public forums (eg- no clubhouse) and I'll be danger if I can figure out a way to reply.

ian

I rather modified versions of the El Forro iphone skin for vbulletin over tapatalk. Using tapatalk is giving over control of the design of your site to some unknown company who can place any ads they want on it. Screw that.

I rather modified versions of the El Forro iphone skin for vbulletin over tapatalk. Using tapatalk is giving over control of the design of your site to some unknown company who can place any ads they want on it. Screw that.

Free + computer = invasive. IMHO, Gary

Taptalk

We have installed Taptalk but everything on this forum must go through the secure services which apparently aren't fully compatible.

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on this? I purchased Tapatalk so I could use it specifically with this Forum. It would be good if it was actually working.

Hello, I am having the same problem with Tapatalk on iPhone and the this forum. I have sent an email to Tapatalk and received a reply.

Hello A,

Can you request your forum admin to update the Tapatalk plugin, he is running a rather old version.

Meanwhile, are you able to share us your id and password so we can look into the exact issue for you?

Regards,
Tapatalk Administrator

Maybe the new plugin will resolve the issue. I am a little reluctant to give out my id and password.

Hello, I am having the same problem with Tapatalk on iPhone and the this forum. I have sent an email to Tapatalk and received a reply.

Hello A,

Can you request your forum admin to update the Tapatalk plugin, he is running a rather old version.

Meanwhile, are you able to share us your id and password so we can look into the exact issue for you?

Regards,
Tapatalk Administrator

Maybe the new plugin will resolve the issue. I am a little reluctant to give out my id and password.

Wow..........They actually asked for your ID and password? Wow

This has come up before in another part of the forum and the issue was posed to the people who are behind the implementation of our VBulletin software. The have indicated that Taptalk was incompatible due to Vbulletin and MOA site security. Apparently whatever needs to be done at our end is done but the software is incompatible and so Taptalk does not access everything.

So, I think this appears to be a dead issue due to incompatibilities.

The plugin may indeed be a little old (I installed it weeks ago?), but that's not the issue. We use third party software to handle our user logins. This means that you can't login using Tapatalk or similar software that tries to utilize the built in vbulletin login scripts.

Back