Thread: Russell Seat '10 R1200RT

Russell Seat '10 R1200RT

Just had a new seat made for my 2010 1200RT by Russell. I drove up to their shop to have it done as I wanted the back seat modified to create a back rest. They were very helpful and did an excellent job. Now I can easily ride for the full tank of fuel without stopping. HUGE IMPROVEMENT ! See photo attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2015 R1200GSA-LC

Jim

Thumbs up

I did my ride in in July on the way to Redmond. Have to say the BEST money I have ever spent on a bike. I can now ride as long as I want without ANY discomfort. I did send my rear seat back for a slight adjustment as although my girlfriend loved the new seat, without her noticing, she would slide slightly forward during normal riding. Didn't bother her but was bugging me as I felt she was encraching into my space. I can tell you Russell did a fast, great job on the adjustment. During the short time the rear seat was at Russell I put a spare stock rear seat on so we could go riding. Well that lasted about 1 hour before I felt her start to wiggle and schooch and then I was told the ride was over. Made me feel good that the decision I made and the money I spent for the Day Long was well worth it. With the old seat, rides with my girlfriend were few and far between but now she asks me when can we go!!!!. The seat is perfect now. THANKS RUSSELL
    2008 R1200RT Sand Beige
    1984 Honda V65 Magna

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    The seat looks very much like the seat they made for my 92 K75RT. Most comfortable seat I have ever sat on. I did have a little problem though. The seat was wider than the original and it made my short legs even shorter. It made my legs about 1" farther from the ground. I wouild buy another and suffer the height problem.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    {snip}...The seat was wider than the original and it made my short legs even shorter. It made my legs about 1" farther from the ground. I wouild buy another and suffer the height problem.
    Same thing has happened to me as well. It was easily manageable when riding solo; not so when riding 2-up. In fact, we went down at an unevenly paved stoplight when riding 2-up. I called Russell and they completely understood the problem with the wide "wings" causing reduced ground reach. They will be modifying it for me this month though I expect it to be a tad different in the comfort department.

I can't say enough about the superior level of Russell's customer service!
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Mine raised the seat height about an inch as well. It did settle quite a bit after a few thousand miles.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 And DRAT! Missed the last one in 2015!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Registered User Dtominovich@yahoo.com's Avatar
    When everyone says it raised the seat, I assume that it raised it for the footpegs too. I am getting one on my GS and hope it makes my legs a little straighter.

Can anyone confirm that it raises you up from the pegs and not just from the ground?
    2017 BMW R1200RT
    BMWMOA# 154903
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by gsrider05 View Post
    When everyone says it raised the seat, I assume that it raised it for the footpegs too. I am getting one on my GS and hope it makes my legs a little straighter.

Can anyone confirm that it raises you up from the pegs and not just from the ground?
    Either that or they raise the pegs when they do the seat.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)