• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

from Vintage Days to Beemerville

beemokat

Bikes, Guitars, and ...
I will be attending the AMA's Vintage Motorcycle Days at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Track (Lexington OH, near Mansfield) on the weekend before Beemerville, and am interested in putting together a tour from July 17th (when VMD finishes) to July 21st (Beemerville!).
Are there any great suggestions for routes & points of possible interest & maybe even more importantly, are any of y'all interested in meeting up & riding with me?
thanks,
Dave

I I were you I would head for West Virginia in between. It would be a little bit of a ways, but since you have the time go for it. I don't think that there is really enough in Ohio to go and do to keep you occupied if you are primarily interested in riding. If you are wanting to do more of the museum thing there is the AMA Hall of Fame in Pickering, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Wright Patterson is over in Dayton. You could buzz over to Indy and check out the 500 museum. It's really up to you and what exactly you want to accomplish.

I am also planning to attend vintage days the week before Lima. Not sure what to do in the mean time. I have friends and family in southern Michigan. anything is possible, I suppose.

Some possibilities

I've been thinking in terms of either a loop through West Virginia & Kentucky, or maybe a "cloverleaf tour" based out of a cheap motel near Marietta OH. I think that I will save the Museum at Pickerington for a day excursion out of Beemerville.

Couple of days of good riding

There are a couple of state parks in eastern and southeastern Ohio that have all kinds of good roads close by. Two parks that come to mind are Burr Oak and Salt Fork. If you want to be in a town, then Marrietta, Caimbridge, Granville, Lancaster, or Athens are good places to have a base.

I am in the process of putting together some loop rides through eastern and Southeastern OH. I am planning on finishing the loops up sometime in March. I need to ride a couple of them because some of the roads were damaged during the flooding around Christmas. Once they are finished, I will post them.

BTW, I will also post road conditions. There are a bunch of good ones that have been repaved in the past 2 years, and a couple more that will be paved this spring.

Biff :thumb

Biff's R said:
I am in the process of putting together some loop rides through eastern and Southeastern OH. I am planning on finishing the loops up sometime in March. I need to ride a couple of them because some of the roads were damaged during the flooding around Christmas. Once they are finished, I will post them.

Besides posting the articles here, Why not send articles to the main rally web page too? We'd love to have them!

Sue

I can post the routes anywhere

Sue,
I was planning on putting the rides in MS Word format, and then it is easy for people to download or print them from about any computer. I can send them to the main page too.

Jeff :thumb

Biff's R said:
Sue,
I was planning on putting the rides in MS Word format, and then it is easy for people to download or print them from about any computer. I can send them to the main page too.

Jeff :thumb

If you get something together, let me know. We can convert it to PDF and put it up on the rally pages.

Ian's right. Weeble's guide was a terrific thing for rallygoers to have. There's nothing better than spreading the knowledge of the locals to the guests. :thumb

Thanks for all your interest...but...

I'm pleased to have started up a dialogue, but these last few posts are not really what I was looking for. Maybe these last 3 or 4 posts, while informative and interesting, would be more aptly filed under the "Ridin' 'Round the Rally" thread. I'm really more interested in finding some people who are interested in a doing modest 4 day tour between the two rallies.
Now, I'll start a new thread & see if there are any other rallygoers staying at the Best Value Inn on E. Bluelick Road. Then maybe yet another thread in some other section of the "Forum" and find out who all the MOA guitar players are & what styles they play & gear they use....

BeemoKat said:
I'm pleased to have started up a dialogue, but these last few posts are not really what I was looking for. Maybe these last 3 or 4 posts, while informative and interesting, would be more aptly filed under the "Ridin' 'Round the Rally" thread. I'm really more interested in finding some people who are interested in a doing modest 4 day tour between the two rallies.
Now, I'll start a new thread & see if there are any other rallygoers staying at the Best Value Inn on E. Bluelick Road. Then maybe yet another thread in some other section of the "Forum" and find out who all the MOA guitar players are & what styles they play & gear they use....

:thumb

Threads in this place are like chasing the soap around the tub. You never know which way it's gonna go. :D

And yeah, you did initiate an excellent dialogue, my friend.

Thanks for the generous basting

BeemoKat said:
Then maybe yet another thread in some other section of the "Forum" and find out who all the MOA guitar players are & what styles they play & gear they use....

I've been told that I'm very tasty when roasted with sarcasm. ;)

roads...

Check out US 50 across through West Virginia. It's two-lane good pavement with lots of curves and rises. It's not the Alps, but a fun not-heavily-traveled highway. For the record, it can also bite you, if you're not paying attention. I put my bike into a ditch on a too-fast downhill left/right/left. Nice people at the rescue squad too.

http://www.route50.com/westvirginia.htm

Back